ADVERTISEMENT

In other union news: impending rail workers strike would cost the economy $2 billion per day....

I think the tweet above explains exactly why he did it. Our economy would shut down. No politician, no matter what they believe as a core belief, is going to allow that to happen on their watch. It really is a situation where there is no choice on the matter.
Not to mention that the majority of rail union workers approved the deal. And there is no reason the negotiations for sick days can't continue. A spokesperson for one of the unions that didn't accept the terms said they would agree to 4 days of paid sick time. That's reasonable to most but I doubt republicans will support even that compromise.

I think the tweet above explains exactly why he did it. Our economy would shut down. No politician, no matter what they believe as a core belief, is going to allow that to happen on their watch. It really is a situation where there is no choice on the matter.

Once again, Biden could have supported sick days while also banning the strike. Just like the House did. He did not.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Once again, Biden could have supported sick days while also banning the strike. Just like the House did. He did not.
Except he did. But he had to sign the bill to avoid economic disaster which is more important to the entire country. He has communicated this clearly.

You've got to be playing dumb at this point.
No. And you aren't playing.

"I know this bill doesn't have paid sick leave these rail workers and frankly every worker in America deserves," he said. "But that fight isn't over."

"I've supported that fight for a long time. I'm going to continue that fight until we succeed," he added.

No. And you aren't playing.

"I know this bill doesn't have paid sick leave these rail workers and frankly every worker in America deserves," he said. "But that fight isn't over."

"I've supported that fight for a long time. I'm going to continue that fight until we succeed," he added.

Sure, he said all that. He's a politician. What were his actions in regard to the measure for sick days? He didn't even address it. He sent the tentative agreement through, unchanged, to the HOR. It's really that simple, Riley.

Huh? Yes he did. He can only sign the law that lands on his desk though. If you want to know why there aren't sick days, talk to Republicans.

Huh? Yes he did. He can only sign the law that lands on his desk though. If you want to know why there aren't sick days, talk to Republicans.

We can certainly agree on this. My beef with Biden is his adherence to the recommendations of the PEB with no changes.

We can certainly agree on this. My beef with Biden is his adherence to the recommendations of the PEB with no changes.
I think the consequences for blocking it are administration enders and he knows it. I bet if you were in his shoes, when you saw what would happen if the US rail lines shut down, you would do the same thing he did. At least this way he gets to point at Republicans for blocking the sick day bill. If millions of people suddenly lost their jobs while store shelves were empty two weeks before Christmas, nobody is going to care why that happened. They are just going to blame Biden for it.

I think the consequences for blocking it are administration enders and he knows it. I bet if you were in his shoes, when you saw what would happen if the US rail lines shut down, you would do the same thing he did. At least this way he gets to point at Republicans for blocking the sick day bill. If millions of people suddenly lost their jobs while store shelves were empty two weeks before Christmas, nobody is going to care why that happened. They are just going to blame Biden for it.

There's talk of a new executive order coming in the near future that's being put together by Bernie Sanders. We'll see what happens in the next few months.

Sure, he said all that. He's a politician. What were his actions in regard to the measure for sick days? He didn't even address it. He sent the tentative agreement through, unchanged, to the HOR. It's really that simple, Riley.
You're an idiot - he didn't send anything. The branches of Congress do that. He signed what they approved and they didn't approve sick days despite Biden's encouragement to do so.

Your suggestions that a strike should have been allowed to happen over the sick days is completely absurd.

Jesus, you two are still going at it huh? Solve anything yet? Or still in a "you're an idiot" standoff?

Jq6-zicN1-n-4K-XoauoRpok9oOG4IQ6ZmX6wqsfBH4.jpg

You're an idiot - he didn't send anything. The branches of Congress do that. He signed what they approved and they didn't approve sick days despite Biden's encouragement to do so.

Your suggestions that a strike should have been allowed to happen over the sick days is completely absurd.

More learning for you:

1. The recommendation of the PEB went before Biden first. Then the House. Then the Senate.
2. I'm not suggesting a strike should have occured or been allowed.
3. The House and Senate voted on TWO different articles of legislation.

More learning for you:

1. The recommendation of the PEB went before Biden first. Then the House. Then the Senate.
2. I'm not suggesting a strike should have occured or been allowed.
3. The House and Senate voted on TWO different articles of legislation.
The only learning that needs to take place is yours. Biden does not send a bill to Congress, they send bills to him. Biden supported BOTH articles of legislation but the republicans in the Senate denied the paid sick days. Not Biden.

So now we're left with you complaining that Biden signed legislation to prevent a strike that you say should not happen. You can't make up your level of stupidity.

The only learning that needs to take place is yours. Biden does not send a bill to Congress, they send bills to him. Biden supported BOTH articles of legislation but the republicans in the Senate denied the paid sick days. Not Biden.

So now we're left with you complaining that Biden signed legislation to prevent a strike that you say should not happen. You can't make up your level of stupidity.

Tell me this Riley: Who reviewed the recommendation of the PEB first? Biden? The House or the Senate? And what did Biden urge that Congress do with that legislation?

Tell me this Riley: Who reviewed the recommendation of the PEB first? Biden? The House or the Senate?
I'm sure representatives from all of the branches reviewed them. What difference does that make? Congress puts the bills together and once they agree it goes to the President for signature or veto. Reviews and investigations to support bills goes on all the time. You're an idiot.

I'm sure representatives from all of the branches reviewed them. What difference does that make? Congress puts the bills together and once they agree it goes to the President for signature or veto. Reviews and investigations to support bills goes on all the time. You're an idiot.

Fact: Biden saw the PEB's recommendation first.
Fact: Biden urged it go through Congress unchanged.

Fact: Biden saw the PEB's recommendation first.
Fact: Biden urged it go through Congress unchanged.
Fact: So what? That's what had to happen to get the bill passed quickly and avoid a strike. He also advocated for the sick time bill and still does.

By your own admission Biden did what he needed to do to avoid a strike and yet you complain that he signed the bill to avoid a strike. Complete lunacy.

Fact: So what? That's what had to happen to get the bill passed quickly and avoid a strike. He also advocated for the sick time bill and still does.

By your own admission Biden did what he needed to do to avoid a strike and yet you complain that he signed the bill to avoid a strike. Complete lunacy.

So, you're wrong?! Hello? 😂

So, you're wrong?! Hello? 😂
LOL - I never claimed that Biden and his team hadn't seen and reviewed the contract. FFS they were the arbitrators that got the tentative deal in the first place months ago. You tried to say Biden sent the bill to Congress and they approved it which shows your ignorance about the legislative process. You also tried to claim that Biden did not support the sick time provision which is also wrong.

SMFH - you're so wrong all the time you're wrong about being wrong. That's a special talent.

LOL - I never claimed that Biden and his team hadn't seen and reviewed the contract. FFS they were the arbitrators that got the tentative deal in the first place months ago. You tried to say Biden sent the bill to Congress and they approved it which shows your ignorance about the legislative process. You also tried to claim that Biden did not support the sick time provision which is also wrong.

SMFH - you're so wrong all the time you're wrong about being wrong. That's a special talent.

Ok, Riley. Let's play semantics now. 😂

GTFO - it's not semantics. You were completely wrong in how laws are passed and your assessment of Biden's support of paid sick leave. Take the loss and STFU.

Yeah, no. I won't do that. You're beat. You've been beat since day one in this because you're biased.

Yeah, no. I won't do that. You're beat. You've been beat since day one in this because you're biased.
Only if your definition of "beat" is showing you your ass and demonstrating your ignorance.

Given your history it wouldn't surprise me if that is your definition. You're almost always wrong.

Reactions: Joes Place
IBEW apparently giving Biden admin and Bernie credit for sticking with this after December.

Looks like another Dark Brandon Win for US workers....

Reactions: lucas80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT