ADVERTISEMENT

In other union news: impending rail workers strike would cost the economy $2 billion per day....

Chishawk, can you explain to me why Biden wouldn't support sick days for railroaders when he could also ban the multi-union's ability to strike? There were two bills. One about sick days. One about strike freedom. Biden's excuse about siding against trainmen and not granting sick days to avert a strike is bullshit. There wasn't ever going to be a strike! I realize the Senate probably wasn't going to approve sick days for railroaders becoming law, but, you act like Biden is a hero. He's the same as the Republicans that you hate. He acted right with them.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Chishawk, can you explain to me why Biden wouldn't support sick days for railroaders when he could also ban the multi-union's ability to strike? There were two bills. One about sick days. One about strike freedom. Biden's excuse about siding against trainmen and not granting sick days to avert a strike is bullshit. There wasn't ever going to be a strike! Please explain. I realize the Senate wasn't ever going to approve sick days for railroaders becoming law, but, you act like Biden is a hero. He's the same as the Republicans that you hate.
This is on the GOP. PERIOD

Pretty simple Kinnick…Biden states this is an issue that the parties involved can go back and work on themselves.
Dk you think Biden… or any Oredident wants to become embroiled in any union/ management dispute?
Give the dog his due… he kept this agreement within his overview of keeping the economy moving… and face tge interested parties time to figure stuff out in their own.
What would you want him to do?

Pretty simple Kinnick…Biden states this is an issue that the parties involved can go back and work on themselves.
Dk you think Biden… or any Oredident wants to become embroiled in any union/ management dispute?
Give the dog his due… he kept this agreement within his overview of keeping the economy moving… and face tge interested parties time to figure stuff out in their own.
What would you want him to do?

It's the process. I'm not a trainman. I just take exception to people treating Biden like he did a great thing for the country in spite of the railroaders. He did not. The ability to ban a strike was always there!

It's the process. I'm not a trainman. I just take exception to people treating Biden like he did a great thing for the country in spite of the railroaders. He did not. The ability to ban a strike was always there!
He did what needed to be done - he protected the economy even though he had to go against one of his biggest supporters. The sick days should be granted but the US can't be held hostage to get them.

Talk to your republican buddies.

Reactions: Kelsers
He did what needed to be done - he protected the economy even though he had to go against one of his biggest supporters. The sick days should be granted but the US can't be held hostage to get them.

Talk to your republican buddies.

Tell me about the two bills, Riley. And what was in each of them. And tell me why Biden didn't act the same as the house democrats did? Please. Averting a strike was not the same as endorsing sick days.

• Haha
Tell me about the two bills, Riley. And what was in each of them. And tell me why Biden didn't act the same as the house democrats did? Please.
WTF are you blabbering about? One was to adopt the proposal as negotiated previously and that the MAJORITY of rail union workers supported. The other was for 7 days of paid sick days that the republicans refused to adopt.

Look up the rest of it for yourself.

WTF are you blabbering about? One was to adopt the proposal as negotiated previously and that the MAJORITY of rail union workers supported. The other was for 7 days of paid sick days that the republicans refused to adopt.

Look up the rest of it for yourself.

Wrong!!! 😂 😂

• Haha
You're beat. Again.
LOL - by you? BWAAAAAHAHAHAHA The only thing you've beat is yourself.

The passage of the bill keeps the country from catastrophic economic turmoil. Only someone as dumb as you would suggest this isn't worthwhile. The sick days were separated out to prevent that from being a singular issue causing economic disaster if not passed. Democrats support the sick days, republicans don't. If you think rail workers deserve sick days contact your republican representatives.

LOL - by you? BWAAAAAHAHAHAHA The only thing you've beat is yourself.

The passage of the bill keeps the country from catastrophic economic turmoil. Only someone as dumb as you would suggest this isn't worthwhile. The sick days were separated out to prevent that from being a singular issue causing economic disaster if not passed. Democrats support the sick days, republicans don't. If you think rail workers deserve sick days contact your republican representatives.

There were two bills, Riley. 😂

• Haha
But seldom used….this was heading for a real train wreck if the govt hadn’t gotten involved…hopefully now the unions abs companies involved can work out a solution and the economy can keep chuggub’ along.
Dk you think just Biden acts this way? Biden gets the credit because…… he took the action?

But seldom used….this was heading for a real train wreck if the govt hadn’t gotten involved…hopefully now the unions abs companies involved can work out a solution and the economy can keep chuggub’ along.
Dk you think just Biden acts this way? Biden gets the credit because…… he took the action?

Again, there was never going to be a strike. If it had occurred by some chance, it would have been over immediately by emergency govt. order.

Will Joe stand by the Railroad workers or go with the sellouts?

Biden needs to thread the needle here....personally, I would rather have the President act in the best interests of the nation as opposed to the best interests of a special interest group. But Biden has shown strength in these types of decisions before...I do not believe Biden is going to do any negotiations for the RR unions.."that is not what he is being paid to do.

I'll agree with you there. The GOP was never going to allow sick days. Great. But, please admit that Biden acted the same as them when he didn't have to. Can you do that?
I think the tweet above explains exactly why he did it. Our economy would shut down. No politician, no matter what they believe as a core belief, is going to allow that to happen on their watch. It really is a situation where there is no choice on the matter.

ADVERTISEMENT