ADVERTISEMENT

In-State Recruiting

Jul 14, 2022
Wow, I didn’t realize how bad we ended up here. Depending on the site, We either landed either two or three of the top 12 players in-state. That is a recipe for disaster. Seems like we’re missing Reese Morgan here.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
Wow, I didn’t realize how bad we ended up here. Depending on the site, We either landed either two or three of the top 12 players in-state. That is a recipe for disaster. Seems like we’re missing Reese Morgan here.
thread title needs to be changed to "In State Bidding". Money talks. Some of the lower ranked kids may have some allegiance the home state schools. The rest will go to the highest bidder.

Not good. What site did you get this info from?
Beginning of the end if true.

That is a little alarming for sure, but the game has changed a lot these last few years so we are going to see less and less “loyalty”. That’s why I’m more understanding nowadays, they don’t owe us nothing. it’s not worth getting worked up over recruiting. Life is too damn short.

May want to take a look at 2024 class before stating beginning of the end. Hawks already have commitments from the top 4 and wouldn’t be surprised to get the entire top 5.
The 24 class of in state kids Iowa has 4 of the top 5 already committed and I think they will also get the other. The one thing about this 24 class of in state kids is none of them seem to seek the limelight and are truly committed to being a hawk, not to mention outstanding players.

Reactions: HerkyFan
thread title needs to be changed to "In State Bidding". Money talks. Some of the lower ranked kids may have some allegiance the home state schools. The rest will go to the highest bidder.
Travel Ball culture for sure. there is less allegiance to schools, the state, etc. It's not what's right. It's all based on ego. That's why you see all these transfers at the High School level.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
I think you have to look at each of these players individually. Kohl is a Petras starter kit and I think the coaches genuinely want to move to a more mobile QB. Smolek is a running back who throws and still isn't what they want.
There was some misses for sure.

Yes, Iowa is a small population state. I would rather have better players from other states. May miss on a couple but get the best players you can.
2023 is going to go down as the class that could have been for Iowa. The depth in the state alone was absolutely massive.

I think you have to look at each of these players individually. Kohl is a Petras starter kit and I think the coaches genuinely want to move to a more mobile QB. Smolek is a running back who throws and still isn't what they want.
There was some misses for sure.
Except he has the ability to throw on the move while still maintaining that cannon of an arm. Kohl is a good QB.

Iowa got 5/15 had 6, but lost Proctor 2 days before signing.
Iowa St had 6/15.
Been getting better last few years. Growth in DesMoines area has made a difference. We need to get someone on staff from that area,,,No Brainer.

Look at the story behind a few of the kids to get the complete picture.

Newsom family has no connection to this State other than merely being current residents. His brother with the same Rival's ranking went to Nebby and hardly sees the field. The kid that went to MSU is apparently an Illinois transplant.

Easy to understand if you dig deeper. Things are not always as they seem.

Not an excuse, just the way it is.

Last edited:
This year was different. Just look at next year's class. Iowa has the state locked down right now.

Look at the story behind a few of the kids to get the complete picture.

Newsom family has no connection to this State other than merely being current residents. The kid that went to MSU is apparently an Illinois transplant.

Easy to understand if you dig deeper. Things are not always as they seem.

Not an excuse, just the way it is.
Also if you look at the Iowa kids going out of state (2 QBs & LB). We already had a out of state QB, we got the higher rated OLB.

Reactions: MitchLL
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT