ADVERTISEMENT

In the defense we trust

If you don't like it find another teami p to root for. Or so I've been told
Or someone could be a smartass and say you're not a hawkeye fan. I apologize for that joke about only betting with hawk fans. I was just trying to be funny but it was a little mean. I probably deserved the dipshit name calling.

I think we all take pp for granted and assume perhaps with good reason that he will stay at iowa till retirement. but just because he hasn’t hasn’t shown interest in offers so far doesn’t mean he’ll never change. i could see headlines out of the blue one of these days saying he’s taking a shot at running a major program. this board will go thermonuclear that day.

I think we all take pp for granted and assume perhaps with good reason that he will stay at iowa till retirement. but just because he hasn’t hasn’t shown interest in offers so far doesn’t mean he’ll never change. i could see headlines out of the blue one of these days saying he’s taking a shot at running a major program. this board will go thermonuclear that day.
I certainly don't take PP for granted. My guess is Phil has been offered that opportunity multiple times, I honestly believe he has no real interest in being a HC, or he would have made the leap. There's a lot of bullshit and headaches that goes along with that title and he realizes that. He seems pretty content with being the best DC in the FBS universe.

Reactions: ichawk24
Or someone could be a smartass and say you're not a hawkeye fan. I apologize for that joke about only betting with hawk fans. I was just trying to be funny but it was a little mean. I probably deserved the dipshit name calling.
No apology necessary, I wasn't referring to you specifically as the "root for someone else" line gets used so much here it's find of funny. We all have different takes and backgrounds but the one thing we have in common is wanting the Hawks to win as much as possible. Kirk outsourcing the O is the obvious solution in my view but it's dumb to let it frustrate me since it will never happen while he's HC. So I'm a dipshit too I guess

• Haha
Reactions: Bishop1971
No apology necessary, I wasn't referring to you specifically as the "root for someone else" line gets used so much here it's find of funny. We all have different takes and backgrounds but the one thing we have in common is wanting the Hawks to win as much as possible. Kirk outsourcing the O is the obvious solution in my view but it's dumb to let it frustrate me since it will never happen while he's HC. So I'm a dipshit too I guess
As an optimistic fan we learn about all the coaching changes on Wednesday!!! And I'll definitely not bet you on how many. Lol.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Phil probably has his dream job. DC at a P5 school with great job security.

He seems like he wants to actually coach football and football players, not be the Football CEO.

Phil likes to say he has had two employers in his career. He is a guy like Kirk.

If Lincoln Riley had any sense he would offer Phil 5 million a year ( at least) and give him total free reign of that piece of shit defense. I don't think Phil would take it, but man I would certainly be putting out feelers. He is the absolute best in the business and I'm not sure anyone is a close 2nd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT