ADVERTISEMENT

In the Hearing

SB_SB

HR Heisman
Apr 4, 2006
Did I hear it correctly, the republicans are upset that the Dem's didn't force Trump's people to testify? They're wanting the Dem's to go to court to force people to testify. If they want certain people to testify, then have them do it. What they're really saying is, we want to stall a long as possible so we're going to try to use the courts to do it. And now they're mad because the Dem's haven't fallen for their master plan. I've seen better plans from Wile E. Coyote.

Did I hear it correctly, the republicans are upset that the Dem's didn't force Trump's people to testify? They're wanting the Dem's to go to court to force people to testify. If they want certain people to testify, then have them do it. What they're really saying is, we want to stall a long as possible so we're going to try to use the courts to do it. And now they're mad because the Dem's haven't fallen for their master plan. I've seen better plans from Wile E. Coyote.
Not exactly, but it's easy to spin it that way.

There were a couple of cases where the person in question wanted a court to tell him whether he was bound to comply with the subpoena or bound to follow a presidential order. The Dems didn't want to wait.

get

get

Not exactly, but it's easy to spin it that way.

There were a couple of cases where the person in question wanted a court to tell him whether he was bound to comply with the subpoena or bound to follow a presidential order. The Dems didn't want to wait.

If the person wanted to testify then they just needed to do it. If the Dem's wanted them to testify, and the Repub's also wanted them to testify, then here's a crazy idea, testify. But we all know the Republicans didn't want them to testify, they just wanted to delay the impeachment.

If the dems continued to keep this in the house and take these issues of testifying through the courts and all the way to the SC, then I'm ok with that. It may take it through the next election and if trump loses he's out and can face the several other investigations as a private citizen and if trump wins then impeachment will still be available regardless of what the courts say. At that time, everyone will know whether or not trump or future presidents can do the same. Scary thoughts if the courts say do what you want if you're president.

Last edited:
If the person wanted to testify then they just needed to do it.

Not necessarily,... Executive privilege, where applicable, is the prerogative of the executive, not the subpoenaed individual,.. Courts need to decide here...

Not necessarily,... Executive privilege, where applicable, is the prerogative of the executive, not the subpoenaed individual,.. Courts need to decide here...
That’s why it’s so strange Trump won’t waive the privilege. All these witnesseses who could support his side of the story and make the Dems look foolish. If only they could testify!

:rolleyes:

Damn the guy up now, Cicilline, man he sounds exactly like Tim Miles (who I think is good so far on BTN).

They can still testify and declare executive privilege when asked certain questions although Trump has to choose to declare executive privilege. The witnesses can't claim executive privilege that comes from the POTUS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT