ADVERTISEMENT

Incoming Baseball Recruiting Class and Transfers

I like that an Iowa staff is hitting the portal. Let’s hope these guys mesh with current players, and things go successfully.

I like that an Iowa staff is hitting the portal. Let’s hope these guys mesh with current players, and things go successfully.

What does that portend for chances of Dreyer and/or Bauman returning?

Keeping Brecht in the fold frees up some precious scholarship money as Brecht's athletic $$$$ will come from football.

Dreyer has been academic All B1G for 2019, 2020 and 2021. Maybe that frees up some academic money? From my understanding that is not likely . . . hard to get academic money from a state school.

Sutherland's comment to Kyle about getting Brecht for "free" because his money was coming elsewhere and that it "felt like Vanderbilt" was awfully telling. Private schools have much more "wiggle room" to get athletes $$$$ than do the state schools.

What's the roster limit for college baseball? I was thinking 35 for some reason. This looks like a huge recruiting class.
The limit got taken off for 2020. 2021 I think is 45, but I saw 40 somewhere. I’m trying to figure out for sure.

Right now they are at 48, but that is including Probst, Nedved, Fullard, Dreyer, Baumann and I expect a couple to sign.

Reactions: funnyfletcher
The limit got taken off for 2020. 2021 I think is 45, but I saw 40 somewhere. I’m trying to figure out for sure.

Right now they are at 48, but that is including Probst, Nedved, Fullard, Dreyer, Baumann and I expect a couple to sign.
Not sure if it means anything but on Hawkeyesports they only have 25 guys in the team

- Rimmy Nemickas has medically retired
- Ben Probst and Hunter Lee graduated and are just moving on
- Jack Radford will not return

Reactions: funnyfletcher

Marcus Morgan has a two run HR and a two run double. Not on the mound tonight in the Substate Semifinal vs Cedar Falls.

ADVERTISEMENT