ADVERTISEMENT

Incoming Biden chief of staff on COVID vaccine rollout: 'We're inheriting a huge mess'

Would you expect any other type of statement? Already absolving themselves of any responsibility.

Wanting a free pass of sorts.
tenor.gif

Reactions: blhawk
Never liked when Trump always blamed Obama, and the same would be said for the new Administration. No leader should blame his predecessor for things they are dealing with. Just shut up and create a plan that will improve things. This type of talk would always be frowned upon by a head coach talking about the previous coach and what he is dealing with. Nobody wants to hear it. Just get results.
You mean like Scott Frost and Nebraska fans?

There are millions and millions of Trump supporters that are disgusted with what happened at the Capitol. And they don’t agree with some of his behavior. But they agree with many of his policies. Are those people part of a cult?
This is not true.

This good problem should have been considered and resolved months ago. Not now.

Months ago the Trump administration was advising individual states to begin making plans for vaccine distribution while the media proclaimed this to be simply another lie, and that a workable vaccine was actually closer to a year away,.. Vaccines have now been available for approximately five weeks and the states are playing catch up,... Welcome to the game.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
Trump didn't want to put all of the government eggs into at the time was an unproven vaccine. If he did you would be on here to complain that Trump bought all that extra dam Pfizer vaccine if came out to be ineffective to stop covid.
You don't know what you're talking about...again.

This is not true.
Surveys suggest you’re wrong. According to Pew Research Center 52% of Republicans say he’s at least partly responsible for January 6. 20% said remove him before Inauguration Day. Also, a 29% approval rating. If that’s accurate 15 million who voted for him said remove him now. 38.5 million Republicans said he’s at least partly responsible. Of the Trump voters I know, none condone January 6, most say it’s time for him to move on.

Months ago the Trump administration was advising individual states to begin making plans for vaccine distribution while the media proclaimed this to be simply another lie, and that a workable vaccine was actually closer to a year away,.. Vaccines have now been available for approximately five weeks and the states are playing catch up,... Welcome to the game.

So it’s the state’s fault and not the Trump Administration’s?

General Perna disagrees.

Combination of media misdirection and poor planning by some, but not all, states,.. Very manageable situation at this time,.. Joe should be able to easily look like a hero inside of 3-4 weeks..

Joe should be able to easily look like a hero inside of 3-4 weeks..

What’s Trump been doing the last 3-4 weeks?

We’re losing 4,000 Americans per day. 4 weeks screwing around is 112,000 more ....

I just don’t get it. We were building 100k military aircraft a year in 1944 but 75 years later can’t figure out how to dedicate the vast resources of the US government to getting vaccine in arms? Embarrassing.

What’s Trump been doing the last 3-4 weeks? We’re losing 4,000 Americans per day. 4 weeks screwing around is 112,000 more ....

Well obviously he's been waiting for Biden to come to the rescue,.. Thursday we can start Joe's head count...

What’s Trump been doing the last 3-4 weeks?

We’re losing 4,000 Americans per day. 4 weeks screwing around is 112,000 more ....

I just don’t get it. We were building 100k military aircraft a year in 1944 but 75 years later can’t figure out how to dedicate the vast resources of the US government to getting vaccine in arms? Embarrassing.
I feel like too little blame is being placed on the Governors. They are the ones who should be getting things in order.

There are millions and millions of Trump supporters that are disgusted with what happened at the Capitol. And they don’t agree with some of his behavior. But they agree with many of his policies. Are those people part of a cult?
If they still support him and "stop the steal" nonsense, then yes. Absolutely.

Would you expect any other type of statement? Already absolving themselves of any responsibility.

Wanting a free pass of sorts.
Have you read to the contrary? The management of this pandemic has been a disaster. It doesn't even take inside info to know that Trump has messed up at every turn. But hey, keep your blinders on. It has done so well for us to this point.

It has become clear that Biden intends to take over a successful Covid-19 battle plan and make it his signature first-year achievement. Since the fight for a workable vaccine has been won, I have been curious how Biden was going to hijack the Trump victory and make it appear to be his own.

Now we know!

The new narrative? The rollout of the vaccine is all screwed up and unless a strong Bureaucrat takes charge, we will all die for want of President Trump's vaccine?

My impression is that the vaccine rollout is going well in the Republican controlled states and is all screwed up in Democrat controlled states.

The talk seems to indicate that Biden intends to switch over to sort of a "bailout" of the programs by the Federal government. I have been wondering how Biden would handle the inevitable problems arising from such a switchover. (moving putative control from the New York bureaucracy to the Federal Bureaucracy will inevitably compound whatever issues may exist in the New York rollout and slow it down dramatically.)

It turns out that they are going to pronounce some sort of blame to be placed on Trump.

A Katrina narrative redux?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PackerHawkeye1
So this is the new narrative?

My impression is that the vaccine rollout is going well in the Republican controlled states and is all screwed up in Democrat controlled states.

The talk seems to indicate that Biden intends to switch over to sort of a "bailout" of the programs by the Federal government. I have been wondering how Biden would handle the inevitable problems arising from such a switchover. (moving putative control from the New York bureaucracy to the Federal Bureaucracy will inevitably compound whatever issues may exist in the New York rollout and slow it down dramatically.)

It turns out that they are going to pronounce some sort of blame to be placed on Trump.

A Katrina narrative redux?
Lol - I'm sure you believe this. What you call "bailout" most reasonable people would call leadership.

General Perna disagrees.

I live in Nevada and for this state at least, the "mess" is entirely the making of the state bureaucracy. I get a weekly newsletter/email from our governor that shows to me that he is kind of all over the place and does not have a coherent roll-out plan.

As of two days ago, he was still rearranging the the order of the recipients of the vaccine. He clearly has a bias in favor of those receiving government paychecks, and anyone who interacts regularly with bureaucrats ... ALL of whom are ahead of people over 70.

Least surprising quote in a thread title - ever.

One that will undoubtedly be repeated many, many times in the next few weeks.

Those people would be 'greedy bastard' element of the Trump supporters. Shameless and greedy so they overlook what an evil person Trump is because they think it will benefit their bank account. Who are you kidding swarm, you're moronic and racist so don't try pretending you only vote for trump because it benefits your bank account.

The one thing they are inheriting however are actual vaccines thanks to the Trump administration.

hahahaha. Doctors, researchers and scientists from around the world worked tirelessly to come up with a vaccine in record time. The Trump administration and his worthless/shameless children had very little to do with it. Also, the roll out and distribution hasn't been great which is the responsibility of the Trump administration.
screen-shot-2018-03-20-at-10-46-15-am-1521557231.png

Those people would be 'greedy bastard' element of the Trump supporters. Shameless and greedy so they overlook what an evil person Trump is because they think it will benefit their bank account. Who are you kidding swarm, you're moronic and racist so don't try pretending you only vote for trump because it benefits your bank account.

Oh, I’m racist?

Care to provide any evidence to back up your lying BS assertion?

I’m starting to see reports that my red state (Indiana) has stoped setting vaccination appointments after mid-February because they aren’t guaranteed a supply of doses.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT