ADVERTISEMENT

Incoming transfers wish list.

8 guys leaving Pitt. Any of them really quick perimeter players?

Not much to speak of. Jared Wilson-Frame (Senior) and Marcus Carr (Sophomore) are probably the best. Frame had a woeful shooting percentage, and wasn't good on defense. Carr isn't that quick, doesn't shoot the 3 ball well, and didn't play great defense either.
I'll take a quick point guard as long as he can take it to the hoop and make shots and make an occasional jump shot and play great defense course those guys don't grow on trees. I don't want a point guard just because he's quick

A good quick point guard would be nice, especially on the defensive end. We have the scoring covered by JBo, JW, CJ, and Moss (when he finally breaks out).

Hope you are right, but have you heard Cook say anything about coming back as a remote possibility? Cook is 1 year away from being a pretty legit NBA prospect. Why come back to play on a bad Iowa team? He will get drafted (low round) and get paid to play in the G-League. If his game develops as much in year 2-3 as it did 1-2, he will land on a roster. Cook has an NBA body and athleticism. Jok was a good 3-point shooter with no handles. Big difference I believe, in how they will be evaluated.

Theres thousands of guys around the world who have nba bodies and athleticism and not in the nba.

You have to have an nba game and he is not even close right now.

To have a chance his defense and rebounding will have to become the opposite of what it is now or become a knock down jump shooter and still improve a ton on defense.

Reactions: Pat_Pendleton
IMO Cook is a long way from being an NBA player. He essentially has zero offensive skills, other than the dunk, bad handles, and stands/watches too often. Defensively he is inept to just flat lazy, again IMO. But, more than one college player has went Pro before they had the requisite skills. So, who knows what he will do, but he needs a lot of development and a different mindset to be successful in NBA, if ever.

He has good all around one on one offensive skills, you can tell hes spent allot of time on that aspect of the game probably his whole life, but everything dealing within a team concept and what you do without the ball in your hands he doesnt understand.

He has good all around one on one offensive skills, you can tell hes spent allot of time on that aspect of the game probably his whole life, but everything dealing within a team concept and what you do without the ball in your hands he doesnt understand.
This. Tyler has a very nice turn around game with EITHER hand, from about five feet, which is a plus in his column. While he very explosive and has good strength, much of that will be negated at the next level against NBA players.

Well i plan on having nba game in my next life. I asked for good looks in this life and i see what that got me. So next time around i am asking for a sweet fade away jump shot. And a 88 inch wing span for great defense instead of .......

Last edited:
The transfer list will start to pick up steam here in the next 2-3 weeks. As the NCAA tournament continues and teams get knocked out and there are coaching changes. The domino's will start to fall.

I look for Iowa to lose 2-3 players (2 transfers & Cook). I've heard the rumors about ellingson, Nunge, Pemsl, and etc... Until they actually transfer nothing can happen. Iowa is full and until 1 of those players come forward, there is nothing Fran can do. I assume they have had their end of the year meetings and Fran laid it all out on the table for the guys.

Personally would like to see Fran go the grad transfer route for a PG/SG slasher. Someone who can handle the ball and get into the lane. If its a 1 year player I am okay with that. That is easier said than done, but damn our offense is always a ball screen 3 or feed to the post. There is rarely a guard attacking the basket and dishing off. So we must get another guard with playing experience at the Div 1 level. JUCO are a risk and sometimes do not pan out.

1) Ellingson is transferring.

Given a choice between a quick PG that can penetrate, score and/or dish vs a defensive guard stopper - I will take the latter.

Offense wasn’t our problem last year. Our offensive stats are actually pretty good.

Reactions: perryhawk
I mentioned it another thread but Fordham’s PG is grad transferring. Averaged 12 pts, 4 assists and 3 steals a game. Feels like that’s the type of guy we should be going after.

Reactions: RocknRollface
Is Cook going to improve enough, if he stays at Iowa to make the NBA? Not very likely.

Is he going to improve enough in the G-league or Europe to make the NBA. Again, not very likely.

It's a tough call. If he wants to make a couple years of additional salary, might as well leave now. But, if he actually finishes his degree it might be worth staying.
That depends on what his degree would be. That could be a factor in whether he stays or not.

Last edited:
I mentioned it another thread but Fordham’s PG is grad transferring. Averaged 12 pts, 4 assists and 3 steals a game. Feels like that’s the type of guy we should be going after.
Think you must mean Chartouny.
http://m.espn.com/ncb/playercard?playerId=3906465
I do like his size pairing with JB: 6’3”/205lbs
See he’s from Montreal. Would he come to Iowa for his last year? Fordham’s in NYC. They finished last in the Atlantic 10

They should go after the best available grad transfer guards. Will they? Who knows? But if they can't get a good grad transfer they should think about a good sit out transfer.

ADVERTISEMENT