ADVERTISEMENT

Independent voters for Biden

BrunoMars420

HR Legend
Feb 14, 2016
I have seen polls where the approval among independents for Biden is in the 30s% range. With the mid terms coming up I am not seeing much where he can start winning back the independents before 2022. I really thought that Trump screwed over the republicans for a long time but man was I wrong. Right now with the infrastructure bill he is in a lose-lose situation with “The AOC gang” and Manchin and Sinema, his mandates on the vaccine will hurt him in swing states, his foreign policy is a disaster at the moment, he is old as balls, etc…. he is in a very tough place policy wise.

What can Biden do to win back the support of these independents?

It’s not just Biden that needs to do something, both sides need to, but he needs to lead it. They need to start compromising on some things, unfortunately it doesn’t look like they will and the country will grow more divided.

I have seen polls where the approval among independents for Biden is in the 30s% range. With the mid terms coming up I am not seeing much where he can start winning back the independents before 2022. I really thought that Trump screwed over the republicans for a long time but man was I wrong. Right now with the infrastructure bill he is in a lose-lose situation with “The AOC gang” and Manchin and Sinema, his mandates on the vaccine will hurt him in swing states, his foreign policy is a disaster at the moment, he is old as balls, etc…. he is in a very tough place policy wise.

What can Biden do to win back the support of these independents?
A lot will depend on who the nominees are for the GOP. They throw out a bunch of MAGA / GQP types and they will lose ground as moderates and independents pick the other person. GOP is at a cross roads if they want to continue as national party much longer.

One thing to consider is that an approval rating is a measurement against a standard. Take a look at Biden and you either approve or disapprove or whatever neutral option. In an election, you're going against someone else, you can disapprove of Biden but also conclude that he/his party is a lot better than the other wack job.

Just look at the California recall election as an example.

Reactions: RileyHawk
One thing to consider is that an approval rating is a measurement against a standard. Take a look at Biden and you either approve or disapprove or whatever neutral option. In an election, you're going against someone else, you can disapprove of Biden but also conclude that he/his party is a lot better than the other wack job.

Just look at the California recall election as an example.
This is the poll I would be worried about if I am in the Biden camp:

“The president’s approval ratings in Arizona, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Texas lag behind his disapproval ratings by 10 points or more, a Civiqs survey shows. “

To the OP, vaccine mandates aren't even going over that well in places like NYC, which is pretty blue.

As for midterms, redistricting will have a minor effect on the House. The Senate is a complete wild card, with Georgia being up for grabs, and the GOP having to defend 20 seats to only 14 for Dems.

If you are an independent and upset about the lack of progress on infrastructure etc., voting for the GOP candidate is not going to move anything forward. If you truly want to see change more democrats need to be elected. If you vote GOP gridlock will continue.

Reactions: Moral
If you are an independent and upset about the lack of progress on infrastructure etc., voting for the GOP candidate is not going to move anything forward. If you truly want to see change more democrats need to be elected. If you vote GOP gridlock will continue.
Problem is as an Independent you have to take into account all not just a few topics and decide what you’re okay with and not okay with. It’s time for the actual leaders to do that as well. Work together and compromise on some major ticket items. Gain back the trust of the American people.

Problem is as an Independent you have to take into account all not just a few topics and decide what you’re okay with and not okay with. It’s time for the actual leaders to do that as well. Work together and compromise on some major ticket items. Gain back the trust of the American people.
Agreed, but I often wonder what GOP candidates are for, they spend most of their campaigns talking about what they are against. Do they have anything to offer besides tax cuts for big business?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT