ADVERTISEMENT

Independent women voters - a massive swing to the Republicans

It's still true though. If people can't afford groceries, gas, and are feeling their money isn't worth as much or they're fearing for jobs they almost always vote for the other side. I'm not certain that's ever going to change? Now the 30% of voters who determine primary? They're certainly ok ignoring the economy, but the swing voters who decide elections still come down to the economy.
Yep and the GOP will make it worse, zero plans to address and largely it is their fault why we are here today. They are also done with Democacy. So once again we have an extremely clueless GOP base and clueless people everywhere.

Yep and the GOP will make it worse, zero plans to address and largely it is their fault why we are here today. They are also done with Democacy. So once again we have an extremely clueless GOP base and clueless people everywhere.
Oh on that I don't disagree. Their only plan is to cut taxes on the wealthy, reduce regulation on businesses, and cut entitlements. Republicans are terrible at governing, at least the current version. BUT that doesn't change how the "swing voters" often vote. It's more a vote against something than a vote for something. If you want to keep those voters you have to work to keep the economy stable and prosperous for them. If you don't, then they'll defect to whatever side says they'll fix it (regardless of whether they actually can).

can’t wait for when these independent women begin to protest and act surprised when the very people they voted for take away contraception and birth control.

nothing is more american than unknowingly voting against your own self interest.
Nothing is more American than Dems screaming BS about lost rights when they’re losing.

The economy can turn around fast with a few changes, but you'll be stuck with a con House or senator 4 years that will take away even more rights. Your choice. Nobody knows the price of gas in a year or two.

So you’re saying Joey Applesauce HAS trashed the economy but R’s can turn it around fast?
THAT IS GREAT NEWS!

It's true but some act as if the Democrats are doing something explicit to cause the inflation and not doing something specific to cure it. That's not the case at all. The economy now is a direct result of the issues during the previous administration. Supply chain, labor shortage, stimulus, etc.

Interestingly many of the republican candidates are running on tax cut promises which is just another form of stimulus which will likely result in more inflation.

Can you name the candidates nationwide who are running on “tax cuts”? What sort of cuts?
And you just unwittingly (bet that’s commonplace with you) acknowledged that the enormous spending bills the Dems pushed through have contributed hugely to the enormous inflation we’re all experiencing.
I suggest you go back to your usual in depth observations...🤣

• Love
Reactions: seminoleed
So you’re saying Joey Applesauce HAS trashed the economy but R’s can turn it around fast?
THAT IS GREAT NEWS!
Why don't you tell me where gas prices will be in 2 years ? And we all know the freedoms the cons will go after as soon as they grab the lead, The ass holes told us.

Reactions: nelly02
FWhRZLJXkAAL113

I just look at this and laugh.

Reactions: NCHawk5
Why don't you tell me where gas prices will be in 2 years ? And we all know the freedoms the cons will go after as soon as they grab the lead, The ass holes told us.

What freedoms are those?
In two years we’re going to be in another election season and finally on the edge of sending Ol Puddin back to Delaware.
Both parties will want gas prices down along with food prices because the recession we will have come through will have been rough on all of us, and it’s going to be a focus on avoiding the dumb decisions made during the first two years of the current Administration. Lord willing.

Because you don't understand hyperbole?

Because you'll be six feet under when these albeit hyperbolic repercussions occur?

Because your meds haven't kicked in?

Something else?

If I’m six feet under then so be it.
Are you in good health? I’m not yet on heavy meds by the way.
I doubt you take meds for what ails you...because there’s no cure for being an asshole that I’m aware of...🤡

Can you name the candidates nationwide who are running on “tax cuts”? What sort of cuts?
And you just unwittingly (bet that’s commonplace with you) acknowledged that the enormous spending bills the Dems pushed through have contributed hugely to the enormous inflation we’re all experiencing.
LOL - Desantis, for one. In Iowa Grassley, Hinson and Miller-Meeks are all running on "lower taxes for the middle class" or other such vague promises.

The inflation we're experiencing is due to the global supply chain issue from the pandemic, primarily, along with the war in Ukraine that has triggered sanctions and oil shortages. Stimulus contributes as well, including the 3 packages passed under Trump (one in the form of massive tax cuts for the rich and corporations).

Just like you goldie - trying to throw down with no ammo. LOL.

What freedoms are those?
In two years we’re going to be in another election season and finally on the edge of sending Ol Puddin back to Delaware.
Both parties will want gas prices down along with food prices because the recession we will have come through will have been rough on all of us, and it’s going to be a focus on avoiding the dumb decisions made during the first two years of the current Administration. Lord willing.
To marry who you want, for one.

What are the republicans proposing to reduce inflation quickly?

Reactions: Kelsers
If I’m six feet under then so be it.
Are you in good health? I’m not yet on heavy meds by the way.
I doubt you take meds for what ails you...because there’s no cure for being an asshole that I’m aware of...🤡

You can't fix a condition you're born with, so alas - just like you I'm stuck with it.

Love ya grams!

LOL - Desantis, for one. In Iowa Grassley, Hinson and Miller-Meeks are all running on "lower taxes for the middle class" or other such vague promises.

The inflation we're experiencing is due to the global supply chain issue from the pandemic, primarily, along with the war in Ukraine that has triggered sanctions and oil shortages. Stimulus contributes as well, including the 3 packages passed under Trump (one in the form of massive tax cuts for the rich and corporations).

Just like you goldie - trying to throw down with no ammo. LOL.
You certainly aren’t throwing down any CREDIBLE “ammo” yourself - but if Karrine Jean Pierre is up for replacement that line of BS you’re spewing could be an audition for her job.
The supply line excuse is soooo over...tax cuts for the rich...😏...do you ever get embarrassed even just a little spewing that garbage?

Reactions: BustingNarratives
You certainly aren’t throwing down any CREDIBLE “ammo” yourself - but if Karrine Jean Pierre is up for replacement that line of BS you’re spewing could be an audition for her job.
The supply line excuse is soooo over...tax cuts for the rich...😏...do you ever get embarrassed even just a little spewing that garbage?
See your doctor. If you're really not on heavy meds you should be. Some nerve you have making fun of Biden. JFC.

Reactions: nelly02
You can't fix a condition you're born with, so alas - just like you I'm stuck with it.

Love ya grams!

If I WERE your “grams” I’d probably be out marching for abortion rights you poor thing...once I got over the trauma- and by the way I am for a woman’s right to choose.

Republicans Gain Edge as Voters Worry About Economy, Times/Siena Poll Finds​

The biggest shift came from women who identified as independent voters. In September, they favored Democrats by 14 points. Now, independent women backed Republicans by 18 points — a striking swing given the polarization of the American electorate and how intensely Democrats have focused on that group and on the threat Republicans pose to abortion rights.

not believable

If I WERE your “grams” I’d probably be out marching for abortion rights you poor thing...once I got over the trauma- and by the way I am for a woman’s right to choose.

Aww...don't get your depends in a bunch. We do really love you goldie.

Republicans Gain Edge as Voters Worry About Economy, Times/Siena Poll Finds​

The biggest shift came from women who identified as independent voters. In September, they favored Democrats by 14 points. Now, independent women backed Republicans by 18 points — a striking swing given the polarization of the American electorate and how intensely Democrats have focused on that group and on the threat Republicans pose to abortion rights.

I thought about bringing this up but decided I didn't care enough to get into it. However, since it's brought up here....

A 32 point swing in a month with no major event to instigate it screams a lot more of sampling error than it does of some huge shift in opinions, especially this late in the campaign. The sample size for that group was fairly small (something around 200 people) so it's possible they just had an unusually right leaning group of people. Anyway, I'm not going to say it's false (no, I actually believe those are the numbers they got), I just think it's a quirk of random sampling. At least until more data comes out that says the same thing. Ultimately I guess we'll find out in a few weeks if the numbers are accurate or not. I guess it's truly indicative of how weak we are as a nation for so many women to just give up on their rights to make their own decisions so we can appease Russia and get slightly cheaper gas if it turns out to be a true shift.

that would have been a hell of a comeback before roe v wade was overturned
If you support a woman’s right to choose then support candidates at the state level. SCOTUS said that’s where the power is so run with it.

Cons are running on the economy with no solutions.

If you support a woman’s right to choose then support candidates at the state level. SCOTUS said that’s where the power is so run with it.
Couldn't the power be with the Feds? Also, you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning! 🤣

Couldn't the power be with the Feds? Also, you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning! 🤣
I don’t drink but if you wanna guzzle go ahead.
If the states wish to cede power to the Feds there’s a path for that.

The Fasiscts will save it. Actually when we are no longer a Democratic Republic and the markets aren't free that'll be worthless.
I have to give you credit Chis ... at least you know we are a Democratic Republic ... I think 70% of the population thinks we are a pure democracy, but that's not the case and never has been.

ADVERTISEMENT