ADVERTISEMENT

Independent women voters - a massive swing to the Republicans

NorthernHawkeye

HR Legend
Dec 23, 2007

Republicans Gain Edge as Voters Worry About Economy, Times/Siena Poll Finds​

The biggest shift came from women who identified as independent voters. In September, they favored Democrats by 14 points. Now, independent women backed Republicans by 18 points — a striking swing given the polarization of the American electorate and how intensely Democrats have focused on that group and on the threat Republicans pose to abortion rights.

Reactions: Hawkman34
Not surprising, there isn't much in the dem mother's currently for moderate women, particularly mothers.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
The cross tabs are interesting for the October vs Sept data.
A decrease of 607 participants is noticeable when doing a month over month comparative analysis.

Last edited:
Reactions: fsu1jreed
Aren't you older than 12? Although it wouldn't surprise me if you weren't.

He's 1/8th of 68. Making him 8 1/2 years old. He's anxiously anticipating his 1/8th sex change at 12.

depending on what thread he is posting in he is either a millennial, a 68 year old man, or a half black and half Native American person. it really just depends on the day.

Mental illness is a challenge in this country.
Obsession

Obsession

dont-forget-poop.gif

can’t wait for when these independent women begin to protest and act surprised when the very people they voted for take away contraception and birth control.

nothing is more american than unknowingly voting against your own self interest.
I can't wait for all those protests to happen either. How soon do you think it will take for contraception and birth control to be banned?

I never loved Clinton, but he was right when he said It's about the Economy. (Or was that Carville). Either way, that Democrats can't figure that part out is what keeps hurting them. You can push your other issues but you have to keep people feeling good about their bank accounts.

I never loved Clinton, but he was right when he said It's about the Economy. (Or was that Carville). Either way, that Democrats can't figure that part out is what keeps hurting them. You can push your other issues but you have to keep people feeling good about their bank accounts.
We are way past that era.

We are way past that era.
It's still true though. If people can't afford groceries, gas, and are feeling their money isn't worth as much or they're fearing for jobs they almost always vote for the other side. I'm not certain that's ever going to change? Now the 30% of voters who determine primary? They're certainly ok ignoring the economy, but the swing voters who decide elections still come down to the economy.

It's still true though. If people can't afford groceries, gas, and are feeling their money isn't worth as much or they're fearing for jobs they almost always vote for the other side. I'm not certain that's ever going to change? Now the 30% of voters who determine primary? They're certainly ok ignoring the economy, but the swing voters who decide elections still come down to the economy.
It's true but some act as if the Democrats are doing something explicit to cause the inflation and not doing something specific to cure it. That's not the case at all. The economy now is a direct result of the issues during the previous administration. Supply chain, labor shortage, stimulus, etc.

Interestingly many of the republican candidates are running on tax cut promises which is just another form of stimulus which will likely result in more inflation.

Reactions: nelly02
Did you tell here she's buying more stock and when the market goes back up, which it will, she's going to have even more money? I doubt it. It amazes how much some of you guys panic when the market is down. Buy. Low.
Americans are stupid when it comes to the market, this shows it.

Reactions: nelly02
ADVERTISEMENT