ADVERTISEMENT

India Prepares to Block Naturalization for Muslims

It's deplorable to us. No doubt. Why is it deplorable for India? They have a totally different mindset, both culturally and in terms of religion.

There's no way OP would call a Muslim nation deplorable if it didn't allow Christians. Complaining Christians would be deplorable for wanting to go there and not understanding their ways.

I know a few others here have been to India, but one thing I've noticed is (outside of the Taj Mahal) many of the Islamic tourist sites are not very well maintained. I've also noticed that many of the "bad parts of town" seem to be where Muslims live, so in general I don't think India cares that much about equality or even trying to be perceived as treating people equally.

Modi might be only a silent supporter of it, but his party (the BJP) is absolutely all about trolling the Muslims. From their goals of renaming cities to building more Hindu temples, etc.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Modi might be only a silent supporter of it, but his party (the BJP) is absolutely all about trolling the Muslims. From their goals of renaming cities to building more Hindu temples, etc.

So did they turn the internet back on in Kashmir, or has the whole place been memory holed?

So did they turn the internet back on in Kashmir, or has the whole place been memory holed?

Don't know anything about that... never been up there, but as an aside, I have to say Kashmiri (spelling?) food blew me away when I had a set menu of it put together by the head chef of the Oberoi Hotel group. Wow.

There's no way OP would call a Muslim nation deplorable if it didn't allow Christians. Complaining Christians would be deplorable for wanting to go there and not understanding their ways.

Wrong. I've called out religious zealotry from Islamic fundamentalists many times here and gotten a "like" from OP. I think you're in your own bubble where you don't see how many times those on the left call out ALL religious fanatics. One of the reasons we've called out separation of church and state, that Conservatives so vehemently fought against, is that we don't want anything like Sharia Law in our country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT