ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana Basketball another signs with Agent - James Blackmon

Yep, as someone who never liked IU basketball, it is great that Miller is not going to inherit a contender. The guys leaving so quickly, might suggest that IU's problems last year were not just the result of lousy coaching.

None of the three leaving are surprises nor are they "leaving quickly." OG is a lottery pick, so it's a no-brainer for him. Bryant is a borderline first round guy whose stock isn't going to change, so it makes sense for him to get his NBA clock started as well. It was assumed Blackmon would always leave by now. He graduated already and although he won't get drafted, he might as well begin his pro career. Crean and Miller always assumed this would be the situation after 2017.

Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
They still have some pretty good athletes and some talent.....with a better coach they should be strong this next year. The question is how quickly they come together in terms of execution....or if chemistry issues arise with the new staff.

The guys they are losing are big guns, particularly on the offensive end.

None of the three leaving are surprises nor are they "leaving quickly." OG is a lottery pick, so it's a no-brainer for him. Bryant is a borderline first round guy whose stock isn't going to change, so it makes sense for him to get his NBA clock started as well. It was assumed Blackmon would always leave by now. He graduated already and although he won't get drafted, he might as well begin his pro career. Crean and Miller always assumed this would be the situation after 2017.

Not sure Bryant couldn't improve his stock a bit but agree with the rest.

By "leaving quickly", I was talking about so soon after the coaching change, not tenure in school. I think Bryant could definitely benefit from a year of good coaching. You are right about Blackmon, although he could have helped the team. I really like OG's game, but I didn't realize that he wold be a lottery pick, especially after sitting out with an injury. IU will still be decent next year, but won't be near the top of the B1G.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT