ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana Football to Sell Beer

I think it changes the fanbase and pageantry of the college game atmosphere. It also takes away from the family experience. Hotdog soda and popcorn are perfect for a game. Just my old fashioned values. I would rather keep the drinking at the tailgates and sports bars.

This is true.... there's a reason why I don't attend NFL games lol

Reactions: kentadel
I think it changes the fanbase and pageantry of the college game atmosphere. It also takes away from the family experience. Hotdog soda and popcorn are perfect for a game. Just my old fashioned values. I would rather keep the drinking at the tailgates and sports bars.

I don't think the game experience is directed towards the "family experience". Tickets are pretty expensive to take a family of four to a game. A pop and a small boiled hot dog is probably going to cost you $10-11 a person. Popcorn that was made 4-5 days prior to the game will cost you $4-5 as well.

I am in favor 100%. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Nobody is going to drink 12 beers at $8.00 a pop.

True, but if they pound 5-7 beers before going into the stadium and then can buy 4-5 more during the game, that may not be such a great idea for the rest of the fans.

Reactions: Hawks4Life86
The NCAA tournament, bowl games, conference tournaments, etc.....are all selling alcohol now. Full bars were wide open at the UC this year for the big ten hoops tournament.

Drunks are going to be drunks at the game. Maybe this will slow down the ‘I need to slam 6 beers walking in because I can’t get beer in there’. The north end zone had beer this year, thought it worked well. If they don’t make money it’s due to a bad contract with Aramark.

Maybe some day Barta will get his head out of his ass and allow beer sales, but I doubt it.

Really, so we can buy some sh*t domestic crap like bud or coors. No thanks rather not drink than consume that stuff.
tenor.gif

people routinely brought beer, botas, etc. to games when there was next to no security, so it isn't like stadiums have been free of alcohol all along. Personally, I feel like if an adult wants to get an adult beverage they should be able to. Pretty ridiculous the boosters and high rollers can drink in the boxes, but the commoners can't down below in the stands. I also suspect you wouldn't have the binge drinking in the lot before games if folks knew they could get a beer inside, you see people pounding beers and alcohol as the time draws near to head inside for the start of the game.

The lines to the can are long enough. I would maybe get a beer during the game, but I’m not going to spend my time in Kinnick waiting in line to pee or to grab a beer. The U of I should do it, but I would imagine most people in attendance aren’t going to spend their time in the stadium housing beers. Most drinking IMO will still take place before the game. The people that want to booze in Kinnick will do so whether they sell beer or not.

Really, so we can buy some sh*t domestic crap like bud or coors. No thanks rather not drink than consume that stuff.
It’s so great having beer sales at college fball & bball games that if Iowa does it, you’ll wonder how we didn’t have it years ago!

I’ve been going to CSU games the last 20 years & it’s awesome to be able to drink at the game! B-ball now too.

Oh, & they serve local micro brews! There’s even a special concession in Canvas Stadium that sells micros from 6 different breweries.

New Belgium sold at all of the others.

Last edited:
Jebus, just sell beer and get over it. Price the crap out of it and pull the drunks out of the stadium. Weed will probably be legal soon, sports gambling on the horizon - and you can't have a beer at the game?

I've never been to an NFL game, but I've been to many MLB games. I have yet to see (although I know it happens) a bunch of drunk a-holes disrupt the "fan experience".

Serve the masses. Deal with the exceptions.

Jebus, just sell beer and get over it. Price the crap out of it and pull the drunks out of the stadium. Weed will probably be legal soon, sports gambling on the horizon - and you can't have a beer at the game?

I've never been to an NFL game, but I've been to many MLB games. I have yet to see (although I know it happens) a bunch of drunk a-holes disrupt the "fan experience".

This is it. If people get over the line....bust 'em. If they don't, let them enjoy their overpriced beers.

Weed is already legal ;)

They’re working on mushrooms getting legalized in Denver now. Seriously

Reactions: jellyfish10
It’s so great having beer sales at college fball & bball games that if Iowa does it, you’ll wonder how we didn’t have it years ago!

I’ve been going to CSU games the last 20 years & it’s awesome to be able to drink at the game! B-ball now too.

Oh, & they serve local micro brews! There’s even a special concession in Canvas Stadium that sells micros from 6 different breweries.

New Belgium sold at all of the others.

Rocky - You must be up in the Fort while I’m in the Springs.........and yes it would be great if they sold micro brews but you know it’s going to be Anheuser and Coors. In Germany couple years ago. Menu in a restaurant listed the beers and had Bud. Under that it said not that Budweiser and went on to explain the difference. Even in small town Germany they don’t want to be confused with that stuff.

Hope it happens someday at Iowa. My friends and I snuck in 12 beers to the Nebraska game this past year. Lol

Reactions: Suterman
Rocky - You must be up in the Fort while I’m in the Springs.........and yes it would be great if they sold micro brews but you know it’s going to be Anheuser and Coors. In Germany couple years ago. Menu in a restaurant listed the beers and had Bud. Under that it said not that Budweiser and went on to explain the difference. Even in small town Germany they don’t want to be confused with that stuff.
Yes in the Fort.

Rest assured - if and when beer is sold in Kinnick, they will be catering to the drunks....not the beer snobs.

Ive been going to University of Houston games for years. They have always sold beer and other alcohol. While TDECU is not the same as Kinnick it doesn't seem to be much of an issue. Sure there are a few drunks but not that many. Most people are pretty reasonable.

I’d be curious to see the statistics on alcohol-related incidents before and after at places that have started selling it.

I sincerely doubt there’s been much, if any, increase in bad behavior. Tends to happen when prohibition on something is lifted.

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
I am in favor 100%. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Nobody is going to drink 12 beers at $8.00 a pop.

And you know alcohol impairs judgment right??? What the hell I deserve another beer. I just hope it is at a separate area so lessens the clog at the main concessions.

Hope it happens someday at Iowa. My friends and I snuck in 12 beers to the Nebraska game this past year. Lol

By the last game, security just doesn't care any more. So many winter coats and winter gear. No way they can check it all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT