ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana Football to Sell Beer

I am against it in college sports. Indiana, like many, needs it to get more people in the stands.

If I had to sit there and witness the clown show known as IU football, I'd want to be hammered too! LOL

You may be right. I thought it was to make mushrooms legal though.
Nah...still illegal to produce or sell, just wouldn't be a priority for law enforcement on possession. They are schedule 1 like cannabis and y'know....heroin. A felony. 9 news says it looks like it's getting voted down though.

I am in favor 100%. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Nobody is going to drink 12 beers at $8.00 a pop.
giphy.gif

Reactions: NITE HAWK6
And you know alcohol impairs judgment right??? What the hell I deserve another beer. I just hope it is at a separate area so lessens the clog at the main concessions.

Assume they’d sell in the stadium corners and maybe out under the Kinnick arches behind the east and west stands.

Nah...still illegal to produce or sell, just wouldn't be a priority for law enforcement on possession. They are schedule 1 like cannabis and y'know....heroin. A felony. 9 news says it looks like it's getting voted down though.
Saw that it was losing.
And just like that mushrooms are decriminalized.

Jebus, just sell beer and get over it. Price the crap out of it and pull the drunks out of the stadium. Weed will probably be legal soon, sports gambling on the horizon - and you can't have a beer at the game?

I've never been to an NFL game, but I've been to many MLB games. I have yet to see (although I know it happens) a bunch of drunk a-holes disrupt the "fan
Serve the masses. Deal with the exceptions.
That because a beer costs 20 dollars at a mlb game

Jebus, just sell beer and get over it. Price the crap out of it and pull the drunks out of the stadium. Weed will probably be legal soon, sports gambling on the horizon - and you can't have a beer at the game?

I've never been to an NFL game, but I've been to many MLB games. I have yet to see (although I know it happens) a bunch of drunk a-holes disrupt the "fan experience".

Serve the masses. Deal with the exceptions.
I would agree, I have never experienced obnoxious drunks at a major or minor league game nor at a NASCAR event; however, I have experienced it at a professional football game and it is not fun. It costs too much money to attend a professional football game to have to put up with sloppy obnoxious drunks. In my opinion, football fanatics are a different breed than fans at a baseball game.

I don't drink, but banning beer at college sports events is silly. Prohibition didn't stop people from drinking, and neither have "bans" on drinking in college football stadiums. As a grad student at Iowa, I helped clean Kinnick Stadium on Sunday mornings after football games. As many of you know, the stadium was filled with all kinds of beer cans, bottles of alcohol--it was everywhere. And that doesn't include all the flasks and other items people carried in and out.

So alcohol has always been a part of the Kinnick culture. It just has seldom been publicly acknowledged or officially sanctioned.

Sell beer and forget about it. Pro sports have sold beer forever, and those crowds are no different than the ones at Kinnick. Right now, the university is being hypocritical, elitist, and disingenuous on the issue. Iowa sells alcohol to rich people in club seats, but it cannot decide what to do with the rest of the folks. Very funny.

Open the taps and get it over with. Nobody will know the difference in terms of crowd behavior.

ADVERTISEMENT