ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana message board.

Sett1997

HR Legend
Nov 27, 2004
Rarely do I go to another board, but decided to lurk a little.
Iowa is the luckiest team on the planet with Jbo's three to win the game, refs screwed us, blah blah.
Seems they forgot the game was tied when he hit it. They are acting like they were up by 2 and would have won had he not hit the shot. Worst case for us it would have went to OT which would have favored us due to momentum.
Their tears are delicious. Lol
Some posters did remind them that this isn't Jbo's first rodeo. Lol

We are the luckiest team on the planet with Jbo's three to win the game, refs screwed us, blah blah.
Seems they forgot the game was tied when he hit it. They are acting like they were up by 2 and would have won. Worst case for us it would have went to OT which would have favored us due to momentum.
Whiney little bitches get to play home games in many btt. Boo hoo lol

drinkingtears-tears.gif

Sounds like this board when Iowa looses.
Pretty sure all boards sound alike after a close, big loss.
The thing that got me is they act like they didn't know it was tied. Had he missed there certainly was no guarantee they would go on to win. JBO lucky? Pretty sure he planned on making that and it certainly was in his range. Little long but spot on otherwise. It swished after the bank! 🤣

Iowa is the luckiest team on the planet with Jbo's three to win the game, refs screwed us, blah blah.
Seems they forgot the game was tied when he hit it. They are acting like they were up by 2 and would have won had he not hit the shot. Worst case for us it would have went to OT which would have favored us due to momentum.
Same things you'd be seeing here if Iowa had lost a close game. The losing team always bemoans the officiating and it was a lucky shot when it comes down to it. I recall a fair number of comments on here bemoaning the 2 consecutive bank shots by Wisconsin at the end of their game with Purdue for the win (me included).

Same things you'd be seeing here if Iowa had lost a close game. The losing team always bemoans the officiating and it was a lucky shot when it comes down to it. I recall a fair number of comments on here bemoaning the 2 consecutive bank shots by Wisconsin at the end of their game with Purdue for the win (me included).
Weezy corner bank vs RU..that was lucky. Today's shot....meh

I get calling the luck thing, but JBO was shooting lights out at the end of the game. He's freaking deadly when he's on and as clutch as they come.

Lol I get crucified for saying the last shot was luck on the other thread... it was a lucky shot and it shouldn't be that hard to comprehend. The first 3 shots by Jbo and Keegans were clutch as hell. We definitely could have gotten a better ending shot. Glad it went in, lucky it went in.

Sounds like this board after a tough loss

I was over there and they seemed fine to me. No different than Iowa fans when we lose.

Why are straight on banked 3 pt shots considered lucky? It's easier than swishing it IMO. Especially a high archer. It's a larger probability of going in if banked. That's not luck. That's science.

I don't.
I don't watch that show. Fill me in.
Well Scott Tenorman fed Cartman some chili that had some pubes in it. For revenge Cartman killed Scott's parents, ground them up in a bowl of chili and fed it to him unsuspectingly. All to make him cry in front of his favorite band of all time Radiohead so that they pretty much called him a pussy. Basically what the OP was about.

Edit" Scott sold a ziplock bag of pubes to Cartman because Cartman wanted to be the first to hit puberty in his group of friends and thought purchasing a bag of pubes would accomplish this. When he finds out he was tricked he demands his money back and Scott burns it.

Last edited:
It was luck but you have to have that this time of year if you wanna advance.
I'm just not buying it, guy is clutch, all time Big leader in threes. Luck because of the bank? What if it dinged the rim, rolled around and went in. Would that be considered luck too?
The backboard is there for a reason, to bank off of. Layups, 4-8 foot banks from an angle, etc.
I'm sure he would have preferred a swish but people do runners all the time that hit the rim and go off the glass. It's part of the game.
Jmo

I'm just not buying it, guy is clutch, all time Big leader in threes. Luck because of the bank? What if it dinged the rim, rolled around and went in. Would that be considered luck too?
The backboard is there for a reason, to bank off of. Layups, 4-8 foot banks from an angle, etc.
I'm sure he would have preferred a swish but people do runners all the time that hit the rim and go off the glass. It's part of the game.
Jmo

Listen, it was a great moment. But he missed where he was aiming by two feet and it went in. That is luck.

This is a stone cold clutch shot:

Less than probably 3 percent of 3 pointers made are banked in I'm guessing. Why don't shooters use the bank on long shots and free throws? It was a lucky shot. Keegan and Jbo other 3's were skill and clutch.

Lucky shot? Luc Laketa hit a shot from further out at the buzzer at the end of the Northwestern game ..... and he banked it in !! Iowa is 2/2 in banked-in 30 footers in this tournament. That's skill, you don't get lucky twice!
That fits my theory if a team gets an unintentional banked 3pt shot, they win. NW win was already won, but karma was in iowas favor in Indy this year.

this bank makes up for Horner and Brunner team losing in last second to wisconsin on 3pt bank shot in BTT. Been waiting long time.

Listen, it was a great moment. But he missed where he was aiming by two feet and it went in. That is luck.

This is a stone cold clutch shot:

If he would have missed where he was aiming by 2 feet it wouldn't have went in. Shot was perfect just a little long.
My point again, if it's not a swish it's luck? So runners that roll around, jumpers that kiss the rim and bounce of the backboard and go in are all luck?
Maybe so.

Reactions: BBptg5
Less than probably 3 percent of 3 pointers made are banked in I'm guessing. Why don't shooters use the bank on long shots and free throws? It was a lucky shot. Keegan and Jbo other 3's were skill and clutch.
People hit banks all the time, they just don't call them luck unless it's a game winner as time expires.

Reactions: Randall Stanhope
Banks are usually lay ups... prove me wrong.
Easy, many players shoot off the glass from an angle on jumpers. My point is if it's luck, then every shot that goes in except a swish is luck?
People get the roll all the time, they have a name for it. It's called touch.
Anyway, I get what you are saying. His shot was no different than a floater that rolls around the rim and goes in. No one calls that luck if it's a game winner. What's the difference?

Reactions: BBptg5
ADVERTISEMENT