ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Indiana RB Titus McCoy talks Iowa visit

Apr 8, 2003
Indiana RB checks out Iowa
Blair Sanderson | Editor

iem1ga6gkqc90ubg1bhb

Indiana running back Titus McCoy visited Iowa's junior day on Sunday.

Class of 2017 running back Titus McCoy put up huge numbers in leading Center Grove to a state title in Indiana's Class 6A last fall, finishing with 1,941 yards rushing and 29 touchdowns. That type of production has led to some Division I interest for the speedy 5-foot-9, 170-pound McCoy. On Sunday, he visited one of the schools showing interest, the Iowa Hawkeyes. We caught up with McCoy to get a complete update.

Q: What were the highlights of the Iowa visit for you?

McCoy: I loved taking in the whole program. The Iowa football program is so prestigious that it felt special just being on campus.

Q: Who did you talk with coaching wise and what they did have to say?

McCoy: Coach Bell. He said they love me as a player and really look forward to keeping the relationship between us two going. Also, Coach White said he really enjoyed watching my highlights.

Q: What's your overall impression of Iowa right now?

McCoy: Outstanding. It was a great visit.

Q: You have a new teammate, Russ Yeast, a Kentucky commit, that made the trip to Iowa with you. What’s it going to be like having him on your team this year?

McCoy: It's going to be great. We already have an extremely good bond. It'll just be another weapon that Center Grove has.

Q: Which schools are showing you the most interest right now?

McCoy: Cincinnati, Indiana, Toledo, Miami of Ohio, Iowa, and Ball State.

Q: What's next recruiting wise? Where do you visit next?

McCoy: I’m headed to Cincinnati the 12th, Indiana the 24th, and Miami of Ohio the week of the 28th.

See highlights from McCoy's junior year in the video below.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News