ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana-the challenge

Cresthawk

HB Heisman
Oct 8, 2002
Trying to get back to what's in front of us...Indiana. They will be a huge challenge for us and I'm not sure we can win the game there. I'd feel better if we played them in Iowa City but Wilson and that offense has given us fits everywhere and I don't see that changing. Their oline is massive and they have a 230 tailback to pound us with when needed. I deeply concerned that we just won't be able to keep up with the scoring pace of the game. I know we will try and control the ball and clock but with a "hampered" QB I'm concerned that they'll just blitz the living shit out of us and get a couple of cheap turnovers even if we can keep CJ upright. They've got nothing to lose because if they sit back we'll just hammer away at them...they will come and get us from the opening series on. Any turnovers will be extremely important in this contest and I think special teams, particularly kick coverage and returns will be huge on Saturday. I also think this could be the defining game for our oline. If they are up to the task and nullify the rush of Indy then it will be one hell of an accomplishment. This is the trap game we've all been dreading and it comes at a time with all the extraneous noise from the play-off rankings. Color me...worried, very worried.

Reactions: riverrathawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.