ADVERTISEMENT

*****Indiana vs Iowa Game Thread*****

12pm on CBS

tough road game against a talented Indy team. Kris has a monster game and hawks edge out a tight 81-77 win.
Beat Indiana today in 4 overtimes please! Lol
No, in all seriousness you guys look great and I’m happy for your passionate fanbase! As a Purdue fan, you guys are fun to watch except when we play you… From what I see out of Iowa, I’d fully expect to see your Sweet 16 drought to end this year… an elite 8 run or more is absolutely in play as well! Don’t worry about Sparty today, we’re gonna beat their ass for you. Good luck today and in the NCAA tournament as well!

Look for another big game for Indiana native Tony Perkins.

Tony, of course, played at Lawrence North High School in Indianapolis, IN.

Over the last 6 games Tony has averaged 13 pts, 5 rebounds and 2.5 assists.

What a homecoming it has been for Tony.

FNmycgGXwAArxen

12pm on CBS

Tough road game against a talented Indy team. Kris has a monster game and hawks edge out a tight 81-77 win.
If you score 81, then you’ll win by more. The best defensive team in the B1G will keep this game in the 60’s or possibly low 70’s for the winner. IU’s last 3 opponents couldn’t come close to their average, including Purdue at Mackey.

If you score 81, then you’ll win by more. The best defensive team in the B1G will keep this game in the 60’s or possibly low 70’s for the winner. IU’s last 3 opponents couldn’t come close to their average, including Purdue at Mackey.
Iowa is going to score 90 today

• Wow
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
The radio pregame show begins at 11:00 am CT.

Listen to the ONE HOUR pregame show, the game and the postgame show.

TO LISTEN TO THIS GAME (AND ALL LEARFIELD GAMES) FOR FREE:

* Download "The Varsity Network" app.

* For iPhone users, GO HERE:

* For Android users, GO HERE:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sidearmsports.varsitynetwork.audio&hl=en_US&gl=US

* Set up your account

* Simply select "The University of Iowa" as the school you want to listen to.

* You will find live streams for baseball, men's basketball, women's basketball, and in the fall, football. It appears that if it's Learfield broadcasting the game, you can listen here.

* This is app only (the Varsity Network does not have a website to go to and listen).

* There are ON DEMAND podcasts; check that tab out. You can go back and listen to, as one example, Hawk Talk with (Fran, Lisa, Kirk).

* Other recent examples of ON DEMAND podcasts include Rick Heller, Monika/Caitlin, Kenyon Murray, Tyler Barnes and Clarissa Chun (new Iowa women's wrestling coach).

The game details:

Saturday, March 12

IOWA vs Indiana

12:00 PM CT (scheduled tip)

Radio: Hawkeye Radio Network (The Varsity Network app--FREE)

Radio PREGAME Show Stream Begins:
11:00 am CT

TV: CBS

Game Notes:

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Just saw a commercial from B1G coaches speaking on supporting mental health… maybe shouldn’t have had Juwan Howard on that spot after getting suspended for 5 games , then again that was against Wisconsin
Why? You didn't see him trying to slap some sense into that Wisky assistant? Real humanitarian that guy.

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
Run, run, run and rebound. Wear them out, they have to be pretty spent. Hawks win today by 8, 78-70. Go Hawks

Reactions: CookyMonster
Beat Indiana today in 4 overtimes please! Lol
No, in all seriousness you guys look great and I’m happy for your passionate fanbase! As a Purdue fan, you guys are fun to watch except when we play you… From what I see out of Iowa, I’d fully expect to see your Sweet 16 drought to end this year… an elite 8 run or more is absolutely in play as well! Don’t worry about Sparty today, we’re gonna beat their ass for you. Good luck today and in the NCAA tournament as well!

Ultimately, nothing matters but winning our game today but I'm torn on yours.

On one hand, you are the only team that gave us absolute fits and we litetally have one guy to guard Edey but he hasn't seen much time all year. Sasha will likely drop 10 threes on the Hawks because thats hope this works. I don't want to play Purdue due to matchups and Iowa litetally smashed MSU into oblivion in the only matchup this year.

On the other hand. I can not and will not root for Izzo to get his team hot until the NCAA tournament. I have stated they are the paper tiger all year. I will be pissed watching a football game tomorrow because you know that's how it will be called with Sparty in the final.

On Jan 31, 2022, Iowa lost at Penn State 90-86 in double OT. Iowa's record after that game was 14-7, 4-6.

On Feb 6, 2022, vs Minnesota, Fran made 2 changes: (1) Jordan was back at starting Point Guard; (2) Tony Perkins was the new starting 2 guard.

The result of this change?

* Iowa has now won 10 of its last 12 and has a record of 24-9.
* Iowa is a projected 5 or 6 seed in the NCAA Tournament
* They are playing in the B1G Tournament Semi-finals on CBS.

Over this 14 day period (Feb 25-March 11), FOUR games from Tony really stood out:

Feb 25, at Neb:.......20 pts, 5 rebs,
March 3, at Mich:...13 pts, 4 rebs, 2 steals
March 6, at ILL:.......17 pts, 12 rebs, 5 assists, 1 steal (end of Reg Season)
March 11, vs RU:......16 pts, 1 reb, 3 assists (BTT Quarterfinals)

Watching the pregame on BTN....what a CLASSIC uniform.....when in the hell are they gonna lose the "look at us" political message on the back??? We are the only school doing this

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT