ADVERTISEMENT

Inflation Comes in at 8.6%

This senior let stop losses get me out of the market.
Just holding cash waiting for some buying opp’s.
Hate to see what my cap gains taxes are.
You will in January. You're still better off doing what you did. Many seniors don't have your savvy or intelligence to do so.

That’s not true. Retailers are jacking up prices trying to rob us all blind.
The most important single central fact about a free market is that no exchange takes place unless both parties benefit. - Milton Friedman

Robbery isn’t a mutually beneficial exchange, it’s a one sided expropriation.
Did you ever think you were ‘robbing’ the store when you paid less for an item than you would have been willing to?

The most important single central fact about a free market is that no exchange takes place unless both parties benefit. - Milton Friedman

Robbery isn’t a mutually beneficial exchange, it’s a one sided expropriation.
Did you ever think you were ‘robbing’ the store when you paid less for an item than you would have been willing to?
So you're all for an emergency room demanding someone's life savings for treatment of a deadly injury? I mean, you're all about the free market. No restrictions.

There's a reason price gouging laws are in place.

Another of your simplistic takes.

So you're all for an emergency room demanding someone's life savings for treatment of a deadly injury? I mean, you're all about the free market. No restrictions.
I’d make it all pay to play, like everything in the economy.
Your concerns about emergencies are unfounded and overwrought. If you’d like we can go into detail as to why. Start a thread.
I’ve been much better served by prices and trade than politicians during emergencies.

Yes, politicians are good at pandering to economic ignorance.

The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.
- Thomas Sowell

Reactions: Finance85
I’d make it all pay to play, like everything in the economy.
Your concerns about emergencies are unfounded and overwrought. If you’d like we can go into detail as to why. Start a thread.
I’ve been much better served by prices and trade than politicians during emergencies.

Yes, politicians are good at pandering to economic ignorance.

The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.
- Thomas Sowell
I know you would. We all know you would let people suffer and die rather than give care to those who can't pay. We all know you only care about your own interests. We all know you hypocritically take advantage of countless benefits you don't pay for all by yourself while breathlessly condemning such social programs.

We know. We know. JFC.

Another of your simplistic takes.
Healthcare isn't a freemarket at all now. Part of the problem is two parties can't agree on a price upfront. They typically won't even tell you a price for various procedures, even in a non-emergency situation. The current "free market" insurance system creates a situation where the recipient of the service, the patient, doesn't know and might not care the price. There is very little price discovery, not enough. The insurance companies simply raise premiums enough to get a reasonable profit, which is greater than the rate of inflation and everybody gets paid.

That's why I'm for M4A. Health care costs need to match the rate of inlfation, no more. Healthcare has gone from 5% of GDP in the 1950's to almost 20% now.

It's either that or get rid of insurance all together. Prices would plummet in that case. Only high deductible plans would help to.

Healthcare isn't a freemarket at all now. Part of the problem is two parties can't agree on a price upfront. They typically won't even tell you a price for various procedures, even in a non-emergency situation. The current "free market" insurance system creates a situation where the recipient of the service, the patient, doesn't know and might not care the price. There is very little price discovery, not enough. The insurance companies simply raise premiums enough to get a reasonable profit, which is greater than the rate of inflation and everybody gets paid.

That's why I'm for M4A. Health care costs need to match the rate of inlfation, no more. Healthcare has gone from 5% of GDP in the 1950's to almost 20% now.

It's either that or get rid of insurance all together. Prices would plummet in that case. Only high deductible plans would help to.
I understand. Seminole is for pay as you go healthcare and denial to anyone who doesn't have the funds. It was just an example to point out his absurdity.

ADVERTISEMENT