ADVERTISEMENT

Inside The Christian Campaign To Ban Books In Texas

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
These Christians are a disease that will tear down our free America if they are allowed to continue... It's not just Texas, there are warnings everywhere. And, its not just in schools.

The Washington Post has done a deep dive into the campaign to ban library books in Texas. Here’s a bit about what’s happening is just one town:

In January, commissioners voted to dissolve the existing library board — whose members came from Friends of the Library groups and the Women’s Culture Club — and created a reconstituted board of mostly political appointees, including many of the citizens who had complained about books.
A retired physician, Richard Day, a Democrat, was denied a seat despite having a master’s degree in library science and experience managing the rare books collection at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, he said.
Last month the board voted to close meetings to the public, which could violate the Texas open meeting laws, experts have said. Panel members often stop to pray over questions brought up in meetings, and until the Lord answers, they can’t resolve them, according to county officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they feared repercussions.
Read the full article. There’s SO much more.

Haven’t these kids heard of the internet? Hardly a ban. Maybe you should move OP, didn’t realize you were in Texas.

These Christians are a disease that will tear down our free America if they are allowed to continue... It's not just Texas, there are warnings everywhere. And, its not just in schools.

The Washington Post has done a deep dive into the campaign to ban library books in Texas. Here’s a bit about what’s happening is just one town:

Weird how the ACLU gets to decide which books should be banned and then suddenly act like no books should be banned.

“Abigail Shrier’s book is a dangerous polemic with a goal of making people not trans,” Chase Strangio, the American Civil Liberties Union’s deputy director for transgender justice, tweeted Friday. “I think of all the times & ways I was told my transness wasn’t real & the daily toll it takes. We have to fight these ideas which are leading to the criminalization of trans life again.” Then: “Stopping the circulation of this book and these ideas is 100% a hill I will die on.”

You read that right: Some in today’s ACLU favor book banning. Grace Lavery, a professor of English at the University of California, Berkeley, went further, tweeting: “I DO encourage followers to steal Abigail Shrier’s book and burn it on a pyre.”

Reactions: SotaHawk87
So much for education. Who needs anyone but bible thumping redkncks teaching our kids. Who would ban books? Never happened. No, wait. 1933. Nazi Germany. 1950’s America. White Anglo-Saxon Protestant crusades against communism and segregation, including censorship.

Start censorship and you can’t stop it. DiSantis just proved the point, The idiot banned math books.

• Haha
Reactions: NCHawk5
So much for education. Who needs anyone but bible thumping redkncks teaching our kids. Who would ban books? Never happened. No, wait. 1933. Nazi Germany. 1950’s America. White Anglo-Saxon Protestant crusades against communism and segregation, including censorship.

Start practive of
Clearly they were banned at the schoolhouse you attended.

Nazis burned Jewish literature. You claim I’m the dumb one.

You right wing radicals are without ability to conduct yourselves in society, which is why you've had to create your own world. You've created your own universe of alternative reality and don't have to worry about repercussions.
Fine. Live in your pretend world. There's enough of you idiots to live in dumb dumb land. Just go away and let the adults and people with objectivity and goals determine fate.

• Haha
Reactions: NCHawk5

You right wing radicals are without ability to conduct yourselves in society, which is why you've had to create your own world. You've created your own universe of alternative reality and don't have to worry about repercussions.
Fine. Live in your pretend world. There's enough of you idiots to live in dumb dumb land. Just go away and let the adults and people with objectivity and goals determine fate.
I’m neither right wing nor radical. I bash trump and both parties frequently. I just think you’re an idiot and frankly don’t like your attitude towards me 🤷‍♂️

I’m neither right wing nor radical. I bash trump and both parties frequently. I just think you’re an idiot and frankly don’t like your attitude towards me 🤷‍♂️

Put me on ignore if my attitude offends you. My posts re: book banning were correct.

This response was offensive but did nothing more than stir my rhetoric juices:

"You’re dumb, drunk, or both. Pick one."

If you, me or anyone else can't weather the verbal (written) exchanges, it's unwise to participate. BTW, you don't believe I've read your posts for months and can't determine you have extreme right wing views. It is common that a person with political dispositions believes otherwise.

• Haha
Reactions: EasyHawk
Put me on ignore if my attitude offends you. My posts re: book banning were correct.

This response was offensive but did nothing more than stir my rhetoric juices:

"You’re dumb, drunk, or both. Pick one."

If you, me or anyone else can't weather the verbal (written) exchanges, it's unwise to participate. BTW, you don't believe I've read your posts for months and can't determine you have extreme right wing views. It is common that a person with political dispositions believes otherwise.
Lol. Take your own inventory. You picked the fight. I don’t ignore anyone, I don’t believe in safe spaces.

I didn't pick the fight. Oh, **** off.
Yea, you did. You replied to a post saying I don’t understand what irony means. You’ve done it twice in the last week. You reply to old posts that have nothing to do with you and make a snarky remark like a whiny lb. I respond and then you play victim. And BTW your perception of extreme right wing views isn’t relevant. You’re a radical lefty who takes any criticism of your party catch phrases as Hitler reincarnated.

Reactions: LaTavianGreenshaw24
Yea, you did. You replied to a post saying I don’t understand what irony means. You’ve done it twice in the last week. You reply to old posts that have nothing to do with you and make a snarky remark like a whiny lb. I respond and then you play victim. And BTW your perception of extreme right wing views isn’t relevant. You’re a radical lefty who takes any criticism of your party catch phrases as Hitler reincarnated.

Jesus. Go fcvk yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: LaTavianGreenshaw24
Are people acting like this is new in Texas?
The Texas Schoolbook Commission has been around for decades. My kids went to Texas schools when the Commissioners tended to be Christian conservative majority. They weren’t a bunch of nutcases they were just conservative-in fact it became pretty moderate.
Texas doesn’t have “County” schools.
They have what are called ISD’s - Independent School Districts- so they have neighborhood schools under local control.
I have no doubt some are more conservative than others.

Are people acting like this is new in Texas?
The Texas Schoolbook Commission has been around for decades. My kids went to Texas schools when the Commissioners tended to be Christian conservative majority. They weren’t a bunch of nutcases they were just conservative-in fact it became pretty moderate.
Texas doesn’t have “County” schools.
They have what are called ISD’s - Independent School Districts- so they have neighborhood schools under local control.
I have no doubt some are more conservative than others.
Since Texas has the 49th lowest graduation rate in the nation I wouldn’t broadcast any part of that state’s formula.

Last edited:
Reactions: peacehawk

What are your pronouns again?

Jeez OP with opening statement like that you wonder why Christians think people are going after freedom of religion..

Jeez OP with opening statement like that you wonder why Christians think people are going after freedom of religion..
A lot of people think that freedom of religion does not mean state sponsored religion. Why not have a little separation between government and religion?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT