ADVERTISEMENT

Insignificant things that still mess up your world

ping72

HR Legend
Jan 14, 2009
I no longer live in the state of Iowa. So the vast majority of my Hawkeye football consumption is me reading things online.

During the game yesterday Cooper DeJean made a good special teams play so the announcers said his name. And they pronounced his last name DejEEn. WTF.

For the last couple of years I have been reading it in my head with the correct French enunciation. To hear it with an Americanized bastardization rocked me…and is still bugging me a day later.

Which is weird… Because who cares how somebody else says their name. But it still has me all messed up.

Reactions: JMNSHO
The OP hates America is my take away from this thread. That messes up my world.

Reactions: ping72
I no longer live in the state of Iowa. So the vast majority of my Hawkeye football consumption is me reading things online.

During the game yesterday Cooper DeJean made a good special teams play so the announcers said his name. And they pronounced his last name DejEEn. WTF.

For the last couple of years I have been reading it in my head with the correct French enunciation. To hear it with an Americanized bastardization rocked me…and is still bugging me a day later.

Which is weird… Because who cares how somebody else says their name. But it still has me all messed up.

It’s a Dutch surname, not French.

be luckily you weren’t listening to Dolph

he thought we were playing San Diego St all day
I noticed that listening to him on the way home after the game. Was he saying San Diego St during the game also?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT