ADVERTISEMENT

Instead of fire Kirk lets say he stays till 2029

ButtersHawk

HB All-American
Nov 23, 2021
Let's flip the thought process and feelings for just a moment. What's the positives or hopes for the program going forward with

Kirk staying?
Program Health?
Excitement?
Recruiting?

I honestly can't find anything to be excited about especially since he can't hide in the West anymore.

It's really simple. All he needs to do is gtfo of the way and become a figurehead. Even if that strategy doesn't work out you can just retire a couple years early with your reputation intact, and of course if things go really well you will end up with most of the credit.

But I'm afraid that's not what KF is going to do because he seems to hold very little interest in anything not football-related. He'll want to be intimately involved if only to maintain his own sanity.

Let's flip the thought process and feelings for just a moment. What's the positives or hopes for the program going forward with

Kirk staying?
Program Health?
Excitement?
Recruiting?

I honestly can't find anything to be excited about especially since he can't hide in the West anymore.

Kirk would be ok if :

He would recruit more raw speed, DeJean and Moss have sprinter speed, we need more speed as evident from playing OSU, Tenn, and now MSU. What happens when we play Oregon??? Looks Bad

If he would let Lester play two QBs more often. If Kirk would throw the ball more to attract better WRs and qbs

If Kirk will let Lester get some fast and taller WRs thru portal and look at the freshman for MSU last night just look like an All American receiver. They are out there.

If Kirk would play a fast QB who is at least a decent passer

Reactions: SCHawkeye99
Kirk would be ok if :

He would recruit more raw speed, DeJean and Moss have sprinter speed, we need more speed as evident from playing OSU, Tenn, and now MSU. What happens when we play Oregon??? Looks Bad

If he would let Lester play two QBs more often. If Kirk would throw the ball more to attract better WRs and qbs

If Kirk will let Lester get some fast and taller WRs thru portal and look at the freshman for MSU last night just look like an All American receiver. They are out there.

If Kirk would play a fast QB who is at least a decent passer

Hes got QBs who can run. He just doesn't play them.

I highly doubt Kirk will stay thru 2029. He will get the Big 10 win record then retire. That may take until the ‘26 season.

If Kirk stays until 2029, he will almost certainly be granted a mult-year contract extension by 2026 because no AD in their right mind would sacrifice 3 years of recruiting efforts for a lame duck coach.

If Kirk stays until 2029, he will almost certainly be granted a mult-year contract extension by 2026 because no AD in their right mind would sacrifice 3 years of recruiting efforts for a lame duck coach.
This. Remember what happened with Tom Davis! (superfan talking point #4…)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT