ADVERTISEMENT

Interested in heading South for a football game Saturday?

59DAWG

Team MVP
Aug 4, 2002
Georgia has been looking for a game since yesterday when the Vanderbilt Snowflakes bailed on us for a second time.

The forecast for Saturday is sunny and a high of 56.

Miami has said no to Georgia. The Bulldogs have been talking to Colorado State, but that probably won't happen.

Georgia only had 3 home games this year, with only one in the last 66 days.

You would get at least 500 tickets.

What do you say?

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
Georgia has been looking for a game since yesterday when the Vanderbilt Snowflakes bailed on us for a second time.

Miami has said no to Georgia. The Bulldogs have been talking to Colorado State, but that probably won't happen.

What do you say?
Yes Please! Got dangit if we could only get the big wigs on board with this. Gotta have a game.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
We need to come to grips with the fact that it is highly likely the Hawkeyes have played their last game this season. For sure we aren't playing this weekend. I'm getting the creeping feeling that there won't be a bowl game either.

i mean Kirk said today he didn’t want to play- can hardly blame the commissioner on this

Yeah, but knowing the B1G rules, and how Nebraska's attempts to play OOC games worked out, surely KF knew in advance the sort of firestorm he'd create by expressing an interest in playing an OOC game. And to say the least, creating firestorms isn't exactly KF's style, expecially when there is almost certainly no associated upside.

Iowa plays bad on natural grass, L to Purdue, L to Stanford, they won’t do it. Would love to see it as long as UGA comes to Iowa to play in the non con in a few years.

don’t believe there is any chance of this happening at all. Either from our coaches or the conference...but would be really fun to see and a great cap on this season! (As I’m beginning to realize there won’t be a bowl game)

I would have loved to see Iowa go down Georgia, and it would have been good for TV ratings, but with only what, 2 or 3 days to prepare makes it really unplayable. Michigan should have owned up last week and bailed so a Georgia vs. Iowa game could have at least been a discussion. Either way, the weak leader of this conference would have deep sixed it immediately.

Me too.

I mean, sure, there's always a chance a bowl game is cancelled for the same reason that several regular season games have been cancelled. On the other hand, the majority of regular season games have been played as scheduled, so the odds favor the majority (but probably not all) of the bowl games to be played as scheduled.

Would love to see an Iowa Georgia matchup in the citrus but not sure if Georgia would fall that far.

What do you say?
I’d love to see that game, but Saturday would be too soon. How about a Wednesday night game?

What do you say?

I'd be all for it. Probably be the second or third best game of the day. A lot would be at stake.

No way supreme leaders Warren or Alvarez would allow it. I also doubt KF would be a fan.

What do you say?

The lads would need more time to prepare for such hot weather.

i mean Kirk said today he didn’t want to play- can hardly blame the commissioner on this
He said on the radio interview he was disappointed about losing the Michigan game.

Where did he say he didn't want to play?

A game with Georgia would be awesome. Michigan f’ed us! What the Hell is going on with Michigan? Are they visiting the sorority’s every damn night? 3 weeks? Seriously?

We need to come to grips with the fact that it is highly likely the Hawkeyes have played their last game this season. For sure we aren't playing this weekend. I'm getting the creeping feeling that there won't be a bowl game either.
Why? The two Florida bowls are highly, highly likely to go on and you know any SEC team not named Vanderbilt wouldn’t decline an invitation.

Ferentz said Iowa would accept a bowl invitation.

Iowa plays bad on natural grass, L to Purdue, L to Stanford, they won’t do it. Would love to see it as long as UGA comes to Iowa to play in the non con in a few years.
That would work for me, if the Hawkeyes will give us at least 6000 tickets when we came to Iowa City. I would love to see an Iowa-Georgia match-up.
Georgia only has had three home games this year, with only one of those after October 10th.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
That would work for me, if the Hawkeyes will give us at least 6000 tickets when we came to Iowa City. I would love to see an Iowa-Georgia match-up.
Georgia only has had three home games this year, with only one of those after October 10th.

You will get 3,000 tickets and like it! LoL.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
You will get 3,000 tickets and like it! LoL.
Man, if we only got 3000, there would be some high-priced tickets on Stub Hub, etc.

I really need to warn people that if by a miracle an Iowa-Georgia game would take place this Saturday, any Iowa fan traveling to Athens would have to be ready to get a non-stop campaigning blasting from the 4 Senate candidates. You have no idea how bad it is right now.

Reactions: Dude McHawks
Man, if we only got 3000, there would be some high-priced tickets on Stub Hub, etc.

I really need to warn people that if by a miracle an Iowa-Georgia game would take place this Saturday, any Iowa fan traveling to Athens would have to be ready to get a non-stop campaigning blasting from the 4 Senate candidates. You have no idea how bad it is right now.

Haha, yes... our campaign is over(ish). Still a debate for our 2nd district rep because it has been recounted and the difference is 6 votes. It is unreal.

As others have said, it would be so cool to play Georgia in this unique opportunity but it won't happen. Our commish has already said we can't play ooc teams and Ferentz said today that he isn't looking to replace the game.

Also, if we did play, I'd love your boys to come up here and play in the 20 degree snowy weather. We always have to travel to you guys for bowl season anyway. About time we get a home game ;)

Seriously, the only time I can think of that our campus was closer than the opponent was the 2002 Orange Bowl against USC. I remember overhearing LSU fans in 04 complain about their drive to Orlando. I rolled my eyes.

Final thought, how can you possibly tolerate Gator fans? I have been fortunate to go to many bowl games or away games and they are easily in the bottom 3 for fan bases that I have seen.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

You guys turned touchdown Jesus red. I was shocked ND fans sold out to you guys. If you did come to Iowa, you’d have 10K there as Kinnick is rarely sold out but after the pandemic and inability to attend games and tailgate, think fans will eat up the chance to get back to normal - drink and eat while socializing before, during, and after the game, so might be harder to get a large amount of fans in Kinnick.

I’d love to see a home and home as I’ve always wanted to see a game played between the hedges. Death Valley as well. Swamp too, along with Bryant Denny.

Sorry to hear about the political info you guys are getting inundated with. We always get slammed here in Iowa all the time as first in the country caucus and it just gets worse from there till Election Day so we know how bad it can get!

Last edited:
Yeah, but knowing the B1G rules, and how Nebraska's attempts to play OOC games worked out, surely KF knew in advance the sort of firestorm he'd create by expressing an interest in playing an OOC game. And to say the least, creating firestorms isn't exactly KF's style, expecially when there is almost certainly no associated upside.

Not when there isn't any point to it and no matter how much he bitched it wasn't going to change the result. Pick your battles and when you do that, choose battles you have a chance on winning. Otherwise, it's just not worth the time or energy.

Haha, yes... our campaign is over(ish). Still a debate for our 2nd district rep because it has been recounted and the difference is 6 votes. It is unreal.

As others have said, it would be so cool to play Georgia in this unique opportunity but it won't happen. Our commish has already said we can't play ooc teams and Ferentz said today that he isn't looking to replace the game.

Also, if we did play, I'd love your boys to come up here and play in the 20 degree snowy weather. We always have to travel to you guys for bowl season anyway. About time we get a home game ;)

Seriously, the only time I can think of that our campus was closer than the opponent was the 2002 Orange Bowl against USC. I remember overhearing LSU fans in 04 complain about their drive to Orlando. I rolled my eyes.

Final thought, how can you possibly tolerate Gator fans? I have been fortunate to go to many bowl games or away games and they are easily in the bottom 3 for fan bases that I have seen.
Well, we did play in Missouri last week and that was cold enough.

Gator fans? We get them under the worst circumstances. We play them in Florida every year. We play them in the "World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party", so they feel obligated to drink heavy. Since we usually make fun of the way that they dress, most of them go out of their way to dress in jean shorts and tank tops/wife beaters. Plus, we get to see at least 40,000 a year. And we hate each other. The most despised fan base in the SEC, with LSU second. At least LSU fans can be fun.

They rank up there with Miami fans.

You guys turned touchdown Jesus red. I was shocked ND fans sold out to you guys. If you did come to Iowa, you’d have 10K there as Kinnick is rarely sold out but after the pandemic and inability to attend games and tailgate, think fans will eat up the chance to get back to normal - drink and eat while socializing before, during, and after the game, so might be harder to get a large amount of fans in Kinnick.

I’d love to see a home and home as I’ve always wanted to see a game played between the hedges. Death Valley as well. Swamp too, along with Bryant Denny.

Sorry to hear about the political info you guys are getting inundated with. We always get slammed here in Iowa all the time as first in the country caucus and it just gets worse from there till Election Day so we know how bad it can get!
I went to the Notre Dame game. Between 35,000 and 40,000 Georgia fans there. Tickets were going for around $ 700 each. Some Notre Dame people made a lot of money off of Georgia.

SEC Shorts - Notre Dame fans unload Georgia game tickets "Rudy" style - YouTube

I have been to all of the SEC stadiums except the Sewer-I meant the Swamp. LSU at night is something else. Tennessee is a pile of junk, but it can get crazy loud there.

SEC Shorts - It ain't cheap being a Georgia fan this season - YouTube Sad, but true. I spent a lot of money in 2017. Notre Dame, the SEC Championship game, the Rose Bowl, and the National Championship game. At least it was in Atlanta.

I went to the Notre Dame game. Between 35,000 and 40,000 Georgia fans there. Tickets were going for around $ 700 each. Some Notre Dame people made a lot of money off of Georgia.

SEC Shorts - Notre Dame fans unload Georgia game tickets "Rudy" style - YouTube

I have been to all of the SEC stadiums except the Sewer-I meant the Swamp. LSU at night is something else. Tennessee is a pile of junk, but it can get crazy loud there.

SEC Shorts - It ain't cheap being a Georgia fan this season - YouTube Sad, but true. I spent a lot of money in 2017. Notre Dame, the SEC Championship game, the Rose Bowl, and the National Championship game. At least it was in Atlanta.

It was nice of you to invite us, but unfortunately the Big Ten has decreed there will be no non-conference regular season games due to Covid concerns. This week is also finals week at the UI, players are studying and taking exams in a week they previously always had off from football.

If Iowa can get the Go--amn clowns off the schedule Hawkeye fans would love a four-year series with Georgia.

What do you say?
Tired of BigTen teams always playing in your backyard.

Bring an SEC team up to the Midwest and let's have some nice, cold fun.

I would have loved to see Iowa go down Georgia, and it would have been good for TV ratings, but with only what, 2 or 3 days to prepare makes it really unplayable.

Except that BYU booked Coastal Carolina on a Thursday and played there on a Saturday in what was one of the best games of the year. So it is "playable," but only if both schools really want to make it happen. KF doesn't. So that's that.

The thing I will say in KF's defense is that this is finals week in Iowa City, so that's a pretty good reason to pass on putting together a game on the fly. Otherwise, I believe Iowa should play a Georgia or a Texas in a situation like this.

Well, we did play in Missouri last week and that was cold enough.

Gator fans? We get them under the worst circumstances. We play them in Florida every year. We play them in the "World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party", so they feel obligated to drink heavy. Since we usually make fun of the way that they dress, most of them go out of their way to dress in jean shorts and tank tops/wife beaters. Plus, we get to see at least 40,000 a year. And we hate each other. The most despised fan base in the SEC, with LSU second. At least LSU fans can be fun.

They rank up there with Miami fans.

I didn't think you were allowed to call it a cocktail party anylonger?

I was wondering why so many of them were dressed up like hicks when we played them. Maybe it was real? Maybe it was part of the gameday attire? Maybe they are trashy? All?

I didn't think you were allowed to call it a cocktail party anylonger?

I was wondering why so many of them were dressed up like hicks when we played them. Maybe it was real? Maybe it was part of the gameday attire? Maybe they are trashy? All?
The schools officially do not call it that anymore.

As to the second paragraph: Yes to all four questions.

The schools officially do not call it that anymore.

As to the second paragraph: Yes to all four questions.

I honestly thought they were trying to make fun of Iowans at first but none (okay, not many) of our fans dress that way. We aren't SEC country where you are dressing to go to the country club but we didn't look like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT