ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting bowl scenario... input requested!

chris314

Team MVP
Oct 2, 2021
Calling all bowl assignment nerds! What would happen in the somewhat plausible scenario...

A four-loss West team (Purdue or Iowa) not only makes the B1G title game, but wins... let's say over UM. How do the B1G bowl assignments shake out under these final standings?

PU/IA 9-4 B1G champ
UM 12-1 B1G runner up
OSU 12-1
PSU 10-2

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
Barta will shuffle for the easiest matchup per usual. Still ticked he bailed on Notre Dame matchup, when Clones, played them, 2018 or something. Really wanted that game. Really want ND to join Big 10 and do it every year.

• Haha
Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
Barta will shuffle for the easiest matchup per usual. Still ticked he bailed on Notre Dame matchup, when Clones, played them, 2018 or something. Really wanted that game. Really want ND to join Big 10 and do it every year.
Can you share some details on Barta skipping out on an ND bowl so ISU could play them? Who did Iowa play that bowl season?

Can you share some details on Barta skipping out on an ND bowl so ISU could play them? Who did Iowa play that bowl season?
2019 Iowa played USC in Holiday bowl. Isu played Notre Dame. Not sure what Barta had to do with that.

Reactions: SIXERS24
Stanley year (miss that guy ) beat a bad SC team in some toilet bowel.
2019 Iowa played USC in Holiday bowl. Isu played Notre Dame. Not sure what Barta had to do with that.
Believe he had a choice, since Hawks always go to Florida. But skipped ND. Wanted that matchup! ND was ok that year, so may have had a chance to beat them with my boy, Stanley. Which is a dream on mine. Too many Irish friend/fans.

IMO -

Big Ten champ to Rose, obviously.
Ohio St would still make it to CFP because of their SOS, but Michigan would not get in over ACC Champ Clemson, who has similar SOS.
OSU/Mich would still make NY6 Bowl, probably the Orange.
Penn St to Citrus
Outback, or whatever it's called now, would not be in play, with B1G team in the Orange.
Music City - Iowa or Illinois
Duke's Mayo - Purdue or Illinois
Pinstripe - Minnesota
Guaranteed Rate - Wisconsin
Quick Lane - Michigan St
SF Bowl (if it still exists) - Maryland

Are you sure you are not thinking about the rumors that Iowa was going to play ND at Soldier Field but could not get ISU to let out of contract

IMO -

Big Ten champ to Rose, obviously.
Ohio St would still make it to CFP because of their SOS, but Michigan would not get in over ACC Champ Clemson, who has similar SOS.
OSU/Mich would still make NY6 Bowl, probably the Orange.
Penn St to Citrus
Outback, or whatever it's called now, would not be in play, with B1G team in the Orange.
Music City - Iowa or Illinois
Duke's Mayo - Purdue or Illinois
Pinstripe - Minnesota
Guaranteed Rate - Wisconsin
Quick Lane - Michigan St
SF Bowl (if it still exists) - Maryland
If Michigan beats tOSU (and then loses in the CCG) Michigan goes to the playoff unless no B10 make it. Michigan will by far have the best win between the two just a couple weeks prior and on the road). tOSU's best win will be PSU who Michigan flat out dominated and will be Umich's second best win.

If Michigan beats tOSU (and then loses in the CCG) Michigan goes to the playoff unless no B10 make it. Michigan will by far have the best win between the two just a couple weeks prior and on the road). tOSU's best win will be PSU who Michigan flat out dominated and will be Umich's second best win.
My prediction was that no B1G team would make it in that scenario.

Reactions: chris314
My prediction was that no B1G team would make it in that scenario.
That's entirely possible and likely IMO. Assuming everyone else in the current CFP top 10 gets through unbeaten it could likely be Georgia, TCU, Tennessee and choose either USC or Clemson. I don't think any 2 loss SEC team will be in the mix. Of those 5 I think only Georgia would still be in the CFP with a loss between now and selection day. If any of the other 4 loses, your guess is as good as mine, but the B10 would likely be back in the conversation, and it would probably be the team that lost the OSU/UM game. There's still a lot of football left to be played.

Reactions: 59DAWG and chris314
I’m not sure it matters as Iowa’s QB hasn’t taken a meaningful snap this year. We don’t know if the seniors are going to play for sure and our wide receivers are depleted. This team will be fodder for most anyone we play. The less eyes that see this one will be about the only good news to expect from it.

Holiday Bowl was a nice change up from Florida kicking USC ass just as good as beating Notre Dame
Careful, those were 5 star guys! The comment that lives on.
Loved that ass whipping!
Remember the douche commentator saying that after they tied us 14-14?
These are 5 star guys. Lol

Reactions: Kurt Warner
The Bowls themselves do a lot of lobbying but I think the schools input is more economic (e.g. projected tickets sales, hotel rooms, etc...)

Hoping for Nashville. Iowa will draw in the Music City Bowl. Great destination venue. Everyone should see Nashville at least once as an adult. Maybe get some students down there-party town to be sure. Not too hard to reach from Iowa. Very drivable. Airfair used to be reasonable but don't know now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT