ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting, guess who loves the cannabis the most in America?

Better than all the politics threads.

Thank you AI overlords!
true-shorty.gif

Reactions: mnole03
Not while Reynolds is in office. She's on record.

It's such a strange hill to die on. The data is out there... society has not collapsed in the states that have legalized.

If she wasn't a ****ing hypocrite, she'd make booze illegal. The state is missing out on millions to eventually billions of tax dollars for no reason at all. The writing is on the wall, join the ****ing club and stop being obstinate.

Recreational weed quality has to be nearing the peak humans will achieve now. There will rare batches of buds that are next level and in that way the flower game will have a fine cigar aspect, but nothing is going to top the potency of the concentrate products available in states that have legal recreational. The stuff that has just started are the lab products that are different combos of cannabinoids extracted from pot and hemp plants. I bet they eventually come up with some good gentle and non-psychoactive OTC medications for stuff like nausea, stimulating appetite, suppressing appetite, insomnia. Hell maybe anxiety/depression.
It’s less about potency and more about the quality of the high and experience.

Cooking with it is a game changer. I get why Viceland had a show about it.

Either way, I need to get a card. If I compare the Milan Rec vs Medical Prices plus the wait times.
I made my maiden voyage to Milan a few weeks ago and brought the wife along (non-smoker) so I could bring home a full ounce. Easy peasy. Iowa dispensaries only carry vape and concentrate products and I didn’t want to go through the med card process which costs a bit and must be renewed annually. Milan prices are a lot more reasonable these days (less than the local black market) and they run weekly specials and sales. And the inventory they have is unbelievably large and of very high quality. Until Iowa gets their shit together I’ll be throwing my money to Illinois.

I made my maiden voyage to Milan a few weeks ago and brought the wife along (non-smoker) so I could bring home a full ounce. Easy peasy. Iowa dispensaries only carry vape and concentrate products and I didn’t want to go through the med card process which costs a bit and must be renewed annually. Milan prices are a lot more reasonable these days (less than the local black market) and they run weekly specials and sales. And the inventory they have is unbelievably large and of very high quality. Until Iowa gets their shit together I’ll be throwing my money to Illinois.

Iowa pretends to have this stance against weed... then you go to that shop and 1/2 the lot is Iowa plates. I don't really think they care all that much, they're just appeasing their herp derp base that elects them every cycle.

If you random piss tested the Iowa congress, I wonder what % of the nays would test yay.

Iowa pretends to have this stance against weed... then you go to that shop and 1/2 the lot is Iowa plates. I don't really think they care all that much, they're just appeasing their herp derp base that elects them every cycle.

If you random piss tested the Iowa congress, I wonder what % of the nays would test yay.
I bet it’s more than half the lot actually. I think that Milan shop alone likely approaches $500,000 in revenue per day. It’s insane that Iowa isn’t tapping their own native market. Prudish idiots.

Not reading back thru a 2 year old thread, but my guess is JReed

It’s less about potency and more about the quality of the high and experience.

Cooking with it is a game changer. I get why Viceland had a show about it.
The one thing that is weak in legal states is the preroll selection. For far too many of the brands, they grind that stuff into dust and roll 'em way too tight. You can tell they were done by entrepreneurs. Simply no way to look cool trying to get those going

Reactions: mnole03
As someone who has traveled extensively and experienced different cultures, I can attest to the fact that cannabis is loved not only in America but all over the world. From the bustling streets of Amsterdam to the serene mountains of Nepal, people use cannabis for various reasons. Some use it for medicinal purposes, while others enjoy it recreationally. I've noticed the growing popularity of cannabis in Canada. With the legalization of cannabis in 2018, there has been a surge in demand for high-quality cannabis products. That's why I always trust Edmonton Alberta Dispensary for my cannabis needs. The dispensary offers a wide range of cannabis products, from dried flowers to edibles and concentrates.

Last edited:
Blood red Okies. Fascinating read:

FTA: “It smells like weed all the damn time, even right here in our offices,” said Haskell County’s Sheriff Tim Turner, a Republican, pointing toward one of the dozens of licensed marijuana farms in his county, this one across the road from his department. “We’re one of the reddest states around, but we have the country’s most permissive marijuana laws.”

How Oklahoma Became a Marijuana Boom State​

Weed entrepreneurs have poured into Oklahoma from across the United States, propelled by low start-up costs and relaxed rules.

By Simon Romero
  • Dec. 29, 2021
KEOTA, Okla. — Across Oklahoma, a staunchly conservative state with a history of drawing people in search of wealth from the land, a new kind of crop is taking over old chicken coops, trailer parks and fields where cattle used to graze.

Next door to a Pentecostal church in the tiny town of Keota, the smell of marijuana drifts through the air at the G & C Dispensary. Strains with names like OG Kush and Maui Waui go for $3 a gram, about a quarter of the price in other states.

Down the road, an indoor-farming operation is situated in a residential area near mobile homes, one of about 40 in the town of just 500 residents. “It might look strange, but this is where the action is,” said Logan Pederson, 32, who moved this year from Seattle to Oklahoma to manage the small farm for a company called Cosmos Cultivation.

Ever since the state legalized medical marijuana three years ago, Oklahoma has become one of the easiest places in the United States to launch a weed business. The state now boasts more retail cannabis stores than Colorado, Oregon and Washington combined. In October, it eclipsed California as the state with the largest number of licensed cannabis farms, which now number more than 9,000, despite a population only a tenth of California’s.

The growth is all the more remarkable given that the state has not legalized recreational use of marijuana. But with fairly lax rules on who can obtain a medical card, about 10 percent of Oklahoma’s nearly four million residents have one, by far the most of any other state.

Fueled by low barriers for entry and a fairly hands-off approach by state officials, weed entrepreneurs have poured into Oklahoma from around the United States. It costs just $2,500 to get started, compared to $100,000 or more across the state line in Arkansas. And Oklahoma, a state that has long had a tough-on-crime stance, has no cap on how many dispensaries can sell marijuana, the number of cannabis farms or even how much each farm can produce.

That unfettered growth has pitted legacy ranchers and farmers against this new breed of growers. Groups representing ranchers, farmers, sheriffs and crop dusters recently joined forces to call for a moratorium on new licenses. They cited climbing prices for land, illicit farms and strains on rural water and electricity supplies as among the reasons. In some parts, new indoor farms are using hundreds of thousands of gallons of water.

A legal cannabis growing operation using old chicken houses in rural Haskell County.

But a moratorium is not likely, said Adria Berry, the director of the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority, which oversees the industry and reported nearly $138 million in revenue from retail, state and local taxes this year, through November, on the sale of cannabis.

Ms. Berry, an early opponent of medical cannabis, says the industry is here to stay and that the state’s marijuana law effectively restrains her agency from limiting the number of new licenses it approves.
On the ground level, that means that the number of Oklahoma cannabis businesses keeps on surging.

merlin_199202124_a095d69f-70dc-44bb-9f69-23f3925b2bc4-articleLarge.jpg

Big multistate marijuana companies have largely chosen to sit out Oklahoma’s boom, Mr. Keating added, opting instead for states where market access is restricted and far more costly. “These mom-and-pop dispensaries are providing a service just like the local liquor store, the local carwash,” he said.

But unlike local businesses, where the customers are typically residents, critics assert that growers in Oklahoma are producing far more marijuana than can possibly be sold in the state and are feeding illicit markets around the country.

Because of lower costs for licensing, labor and land, growers can produce cannabis for as little as $100 a pound, and then turn around and sell that for between $3,500 to $4,000 a pound in California or New York, said Mark Woodward, a spokesman for the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics.

“The profit margin is astronomical if you can move your operation to Oklahoma and get away with it,” Mr. Woodward said of Oklahoma growers serving markets elsewhere in violation of state and federal laws.

merlin_199202106_127924cc-8f2f-423c-bdad-7e39a101c427-articleLarge.jpg

Cannabis prices in Oklahoma have dropped by about 50 percent in the last six months due to the increased supply.Credit...Brett Deering for The New York Times
Eying such violations, the authorities have carried out a series of raids this year, shutting down nearly 80 farms since April in an effort to reduce Oklahoma’s production of black-market marijuana. In Haskell County, a rural eastern patch of the state, authorities in June seized 10,000 marijuana plants, 100 pounds of processed cannabis, plus a bevy of firearms and parcels of cash, from an operation that had moved from Colorado to Oklahoma.

Lawmakers recently allowed revenues from cannabis licensing to create a full-time enforcement unit, and the state narcotics bureau has hired nearly 20 agents. Another measure now allows the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority to hire more than 70 new employees, mainly to work in compliance and enforcement.
While the influx intensifies, growers have groused that the ever-expanding supply has made cannabis prices plunge by about half in the last six months, to as low as $800 a pound for some strains, down from $1,600.

Tara Tischauer, co-owner of Red Dirt Sungrown in Guthrie, a town north of Oklahoma City, said falling prices have reduced her revenue by about one-third this year. Still, her operation, part of a family business that also includes a hemp farm and garden plant greenhouses, employs 25 people and steadily produces about 125 pounds of cannabis a week.
“A few years ago I thought Oklahoma would have been the last state in the country to get cannabis going,” said Ms. Tischauer, 46. “If we can’t succeed, it’s our own fault. That’s how a free market works.”

Despite a saturated market, she said she believes the state’s cannabis industry is still in its infancy. Activists have begun organizing to secure a referendum on the ballot next year that would legalize recreational use of marijuana. Doing so could bolster the state’s growers, who Ms. Tischauser said could look to meet demand from neighboring Texas, where legislators have resisted full legalization of cannabis.

For critics of Oklahoma’s approach to marijuana, that would be a move in the wrong direction.

“It smells like weed all the damn time, even right here in our offices,” said Haskell County’s Sheriff Tim Turner, a Republican, pointing toward one of the dozens of licensed marijuana farms in his county, this one across the road from his department. “We’re one of the reddest states around, but we have the country’s most permissive marijuana laws.”

If you're going on a fishing trip, always always ALWAYS take 2 of your GOP/conservative buddies with you, not just one.

If you take one of them, he'll smoke all your weed.
If you take both of them, they won't touch any of it.

ADVERTISEMENT