ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting KF quotes about the OL

If all the QB's are bad, then you jettison either Padilla or Petras in off season and you bring in a transfer. Or you go with youth and higher upside at QB. KF would never play a true freshman at QB, but other successful coaches have no issues doing so. The fact is the offense is 100% on Ferentz and it is one of the worst units in football. KF being carried by Phil Parker.
Signed: Nate Stanley and Drew Tate

Reactions: HawkOn15
Cant blame him or Labas if he decides to also go
I'm quite certain that both AP and JL will be gone before spring practice, either on their own accord or with KF's "persuasion." With the corner KF has painted himself in by going all-in on SP, he can't take any chance whatsoever that either of those guys might be successful QB's here at Iowa. He would rather that they transfer so that he is "right," and any success they have elsewhere will be due to a "system" or maybe he would admit to them being "late bloomers" at a level that no one saw coming. He would much prefer starting over with his freshmen and maybe an FCS QB transfer than be proven wrong.

I believe Kirk has said that the line is starting to be settled at 4 positions with Richman, DeJong, Jones, and Colby being those 4. The right guard is still in flux with Stephens/Elsbury/Dunker competing for that spot. Somebody posted the PFF grades.......I think Elsbury's was best of the 3 for the game, Stephens in the middle, and Dunker had the lowest score. FWIW

I'm quite certain that both AP and JL will be gone before spring practice, either on their own accord or with KF's "persuasion." With the corner KF has painted himself in by going all-in on SP, he can't take any chance whatsoever that either of those guys might be successful QB's here at Iowa. He would rather that they transfer so that he is "right," and any success they have elsewhere will be due to a "system" or maybe he would admit to them being "late bloomers" at a level that no one saw coming. He would much prefer starting over with his freshmen and maybe an FCS QB transfer than be proven wrong.

So he would chase off either a RS senior and/or a RS soph, leaning himself with a RS frosh or true frosh at qb? All just so he can be “right”, whatever that means?

Reactions: jo12208
after Padilla was less than impressive in relief last year I always thought this would come down to a competion between Labas and May next fall. Either one will inherit a line much more experienced And can move a little bit.

Reactions: RLMHAWK
A lot of this sounds like a nice holier than thou take on everything from sports to personal lives. Schulte and Petras are two completely different scenarios. I don't think many people are asking for Schulte to be replaced after seeing what he can do. He had all of one game experience last year not counting mop up duty. No QB has performed better than Petras due to zero opportunity. And how is anyone here to know that you too aren't some deadbeat jerk asshole spouting nothing about nothing? Your words, not mine.
Of course it does you don’t want to hear anything other than Kirk Ferentz sucks, Brian Ferentz sucks, Spencer Petras sucks, our offense is terrible, they should be fired…!!

Holier than thou my ass!!! I love all these guys that get on here throwing bombs, yelling screaming, being jackasses and then when people come along and ask why the hell they’re such shitheads suddenly it’s a “holier than thou“ yeah stick that in your pipe friend!!!!

A lot of this sounds like a nice holier than thou take on everything from sports to personal lives. Schulte and Petras are two completely different scenarios. I don't think many people are asking for Schulte to be replaced after seeing what he can do. He had all of one game experience last year not counting mop up duty. No QB has performed better than Petras due to zero opportunity. And how is anyone here to know that you too aren't some deadbeat jerk asshole spouting nothing about nothing? Your words, not mine.

I may be a jackass but here’s a secret I’d rather be dead than bitch insistently about something I have absolutely no control over especially when the “said” thing on many other levels is actually pretty good… Let that sink in for a second it should hurt your mind and your soul but I doubt it does .

More important I’m not on a ****ing message board constantly bitching about my favorite sports team… I mean if I was constantly bitching about my ****ing wife she would leave me or I would leave her but not you cats I think you like it!!!

And I’ll tell you this you’re probably saving some other poor slob from getting berated by you fun cats?

So he would chase off either a RS senior and/or a RS soph, leaning himself with a RS frosh or true frosh at qb? All just so he can be “right”, whatever that means?
1y2iba.jpg

Our OL sucks too, but they are rotating players in and out to see who performs in games. That's my point. Kirk flat out said in his quote that he needs to see the OL in game situations. Well I would argue seeing QBs in game situations is even more important, since they don't get hit in practice. Completely different ballgame.

Good point, Alex was terrific last year. And apparently had so many suitors that he decided not to get in the portal?

I do think Texas A&M has room on the bandwagon… And I think they switched quarterbacks last week… I don’t believe it helped but still there’s room😊

Of course it does you don’t want to hear anything other than Kirk Ferentz sucks, Brian Ferentz sucks, Spencer Petras sucks, our offense is terrible, they should be fired…!!

Holier than thou my ass!!! I love all these guys that get on here throwing bombs, yelling screaming, being jackasses and then when people come along and ask why the hell they’re such shitheads suddenly it’s a “holier than thou“ yeah stick that in your pipe friend!!!!
Check my post history mr jump to conclusions. Lot of projection being thrown around here. Very rarely will I swear unless quoting something already said (as I did with you) and it is possible to admit the team has glaring issues without having to be labeled as something. Why does everything have to be one extreme or the other? I don't plan on sticking anything in my pipe much less a diatribe from a message board poster.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
Our OL sucks too, but they are rotating players in and out to see who performs in games. That's my point. Kirk flat out said in his quote that he needs to see the OL in game situations. Well I would argue seeing QBs in game situations is even more important, since they don't get hit in practice. Completely different ballgame.

Here is something else… as I said I wanted him benched and I would’ve benched him but here’s a guy that everyone of you is willing to admit switches things up, changes players puts out who he thinks will give us the best chance to win… But not a quarterback… That really is bizarre!!

But alas….I’m going to wait until the season is over and see how many games we won!

Check my post history mr jump to conclusions. Lot of projection being thrown around here. Very rarely will I swear unless quoting something already said (as I did with you) and it is possible to admit the team has glaring issues without having to be labeled as something. Why does everything have to be one extreme or the other? I don't plan on sticking anything in my pipe much less a diatribe from a message board poster.

Oh is that rich… you suggested my rhetoric was holier than thou, ultimately suggesting I’m holier than thou and then want me to check your post history…

Yep that’s rich and then you pop in with a Mr Jump to conclusions. I’m gonna let you sort that through your mind. If you don’t realize how ignorant it is to call somebody holier than thow and then come back with a “jump to conclusions“ …then I don’t think I’m going to enjoy chatting with you in an intellectual level!

In discussing the OL in a Press-Citizen article today, KF made the following curious statements: "I want to let the guys compete and see," Kirk Ferentz said. "We're talking about some guys that really haven't played very much either. You just got to see them in game action. Sometimes it's painful. But those mistakes will get cleaned up and they will get better [my emphasis] and we'll try to figure it out."

See the entire article here:
https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/s...wkeyes-kirk-brian-ferentz-petras/10391559002/

I just find it curious that KF says such things about the OL but not about the QB position. In contrast to the OL, KF treats the QB position as the anointing of a king. Once you're the QB, you're always the QB. The QB position is evaluated solely on practice performance. The second and third QBs aren't even allowed on the field against a Nevada in garbage time, although backups at most other positions were flooding Kinnick Sunday morning like, well, like rain in a thunderstorm.

So "you just got to see them in game action" when it comes to the OL, but not so when it comes to the QB. Just thought I'd mention it.
It is pretty simple. They think Petras is the best QB by a large margin.

Padilla will play (if it all) when Petras is injured, which happened last year. I don't think you can honestly say that Padilla played better than Petras last year, can you?

It really is not complicated at all.

• Haha
Reactions: DewHawk
Oh is that rich… you suggested my rhetoric was holier than thou, ultimately suggesting I’m holier than thou and then want me to check your post history…

Yep that’s rich and then you pop in with a Mr Jump to conclusions. I’m gonna let you sort that through your mind. If you don’t realize how ignorant it is to call somebody holier than thow and then come back with a “jump to conclusions“ …then I don’t think I’m going to enjoy chatting with you in an intellectual level!
At least we agree on something.

At least we agree on something.

“Yeah you’re right that doesn’t make much sense does it“ would’ve served you better…

As a result I’m going to assume I didn’t jump to a conclusion….

You’re not one to really think things through!

“Yeah you’re right that doesn’t make much sense does it“ would’ve served you better…

As a result I’m going to assume I didn’t jump to a conclusion….

You’re not one to really think things through!
I'm served just fine right now thanks. I can find a jump rope for you if you'd like to keep it up though. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove but it's an internet message board so thanks for the life evaluation based on a few interactions. Regardless, Go Hawks

If Alex is graduating in December it would make sense that he is moving from Iowa and who could blame him?

That’s interesting information… Thank you for that. Now see here is where someone like me starts adding things together…

Spencer Petras is gone next year. I think it’s pretty much already been stated that he is leaving… Which means the only quarterback we have left is Joey Labas and younger guys…

With that information in tow holy shit Kirk really must not think Alex Padilla has “it“ or he would probably be leaning towards him if for no other reason then next year.

The other end of it is it’s pretty clear to me that they’ve never really had a great deal of trust in Alex Padilla no matter what they’ve said in the media.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
ADVERTISEMENT