ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting nugget about Iowa-ISU series in Athletic article

torbee

HB King
Gold Member
Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but I don’t recall talking about the “out” built into the Iowa-ISU game contract recently that Dochterman cites in this article.

Sounds to me like Iowa could discontinue the ISU series after 2025 if conference game schedules alter or the Big 12 is significantly diminished:

Iowa, for instance, has a contract with Iowa State through the 2025 season. Through multiple rounds of realignment, administrators added language that now contains a scheduling clause to exit the series. It reads: “Should either the Big 12 or Big Ten change their scheduling protocol to add additional conference games, the school whose conference makes the change shall contact the other school to discuss the feasibility of continuing this series. If it is not feasible to continue the series, the parties agree that this agreement shall become null and void and neither party shall owe the other any damages, provided the parties have each hosted the same number of home contests under this agreement and/or the requesting school has hosted an equal number or fewer contests in the series.” With the exception of those contingencies — and others like war, Act of God, pandemic, among others — the cost of liquidated damages is $1 million.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News