ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting policy position by candidate John Gibbs (Mich. 3rd), repealing the 19th Amendment

This is like the rape crap Rs ran on years ago. Legitimate rape, lie back and enjoy it, can't get pregnant being raped. When will Rs stop attacking women?

Reactions: cigaretteman
giphy.gif

So , he needs an excuse when he loses his race, thats a good one.
I suspect he'll put out a statement like Bolduc that "upon further research, I was incorrect (read: once I learned I could not scrub the interwebz of my previous posts, I want to claim I don't think this way anymore (but I really do))

Yep, the DNC ran an attack add against Gibbs saying he is a full Trumpian--handpicked by Trump to run in this race. But, apparently, that is a badge of honor in the Michigan 3rd because Gibbs won by 4,000 votes.

Reactions: artradley
Yep, the DNC ran an attack add against Gibbs saying he is a full Trumpian--handpicked by Trump to run in this race. But, apparently, that is a badge of honor in the Michigan 3rd because Gibbs won by 4,000 votes.
lol...the DNC knew exactly what it was doing. Shame of it is Meijer voted for impeachment.

Primaries are much easier to manipulate than general elections because so few vote in them.

Excuse it all you want...the DNC got what they wanted from their $$$

lol...the DNC knew exactly what it was doing. Shame of it is Meijer voted for impeachment.

Primaries are much easier to manipulate than general elections because so few vote in them.

Looks like the strategy is working. 538 only gave Gibbs a 19% chance of winning before this. After, he may be done.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2

So the position is that the DNC tricked the GOP into picking the worst candidate by....telling the voters exactly who he is?
Amazing.

So the position is that the DNC tricked the GOP into picking the worst candidate by....telling the voters exactly who he is?
Amazing.
Gibbs maintained a huge lead over Meijia during the race.....18 points going into the summer. The poster gets fixated on something at allows his bias to overtake rational thought.

Reactions: BelemNole

At the end of the day, people still have to vote. Apparently, they couldn’t think for themselves. See your Congressman. Is he the fault of the DNC as well?

I understand the strategy....and it's effective.

Just don't tell me clowns like this are a "threat to democracy" when the DNC actively helps them.

It is what it is...

Just don't tell me clowns like this are a "threat to democracy" when the DNC actively helps them.

It is what it is...
I would normally agree. However, in this instance the DNC wasn’t supporting the candidate they were actually exposing his past. This one is on the voters. Just my opinion.

I would normally agree. However, in this instance the DNC wasn’t supporting the candidate they were actually exposing his past. This one is on the voters. Just my opinion.
He was already the nominee....

When they funded the adds during the primary they didn't expose it....waited till after. Smart politically.

Just reinforces what huge hypocrites our political parties are filled with for me though...

Reactions: globalhawk

It is what it is...
Look at this way. It gets their craziness out in the open for the world to see. However, I am not for that type of activity in case it may backfire. I would want an opponent with at least a shred of decency.

It is what it is...
I know that you have a raging boner for this, but it doesn't force people to vote for morons like Gibbs. That's the flaw when you repeatedly flog away at this story.

I know that you have a raging boner for this, but it doesn't force people to vote for morons like Gibbs. That's the flaw when you repeatedly flog away at this story.
Moreover, is there really any difference? 95% of the Rs currently in office are scumbags. They may not all talk like Bobert, but they sure do vote like her. They are just better at hiding their true feelings.

Moreover, is there really any difference? 95% of the Rs currently in office are scumbags. They may not all talk like Bobert, but they sure do vote like her. They are just better at hiding their true feelings.

Let's see how this one plays out

In fairness he's not running on that platform from my understanding but as a student 20 years ago believed that. Either way he shouldn't be near any public office with those ideas even he believes (or claims to believe) the opposite now. Scary that voters don't care.

Let's see how this one plays out

An article about his joke website from college 20 years ago? I think it's played out, thanks for the lost minutes

In fairness he's not running on that platform from my understanding but as a student 20 years ago believed that. Either way he shouldn't be near any public office with those ideas even he believes (or claims to believe) the opposite now. Scary that voters don't care.
His handlers are playing it off as a troll attempt 20 years ago. The problem is he has a lot of baggage that he has accumulated along the same lines in the ensuing years.

Reactions: Ree4
An article about his joke website from college 20 years ago? I think it's played out, thanks for the lost minutes
I don't see anything satirical in the quotes from the website. Just because he wants to rewrite it that way doesn't make it true. Why do you feel the need to defend him?

It is what it is...
I actually agree with you that it is an abhorrent strategy.

That said, it isn't as thought the DNC actually wants any of these candidates to win. They are employing the strategy to ensure the GOP candidate loses, and if it happens to be a MAGA/Trumpist, all the better.

He was already the nominee....

When they funded the adds during the primary they didn't expose it....waited till after. Smart politically.

Just reinforces what huge hypocrites our political parties are filled with for me though...
Gibbs had anywhere from a 15 to 18 point lead throughout the primary. It’s nonsensical to opine that the DMc put out this add to help Gibbs. Ultimately Gibbs won 52/48 so the DNC did a good job getting out the very few non-Trumpians in this district.

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
You have a stutter?

I actually agree with you that it is an abhorrent strategy.

That said, it isn't as thought the DNC actually wants any of these candidates to win. They are employing the strategy to ensure the GOP candidate loses, and if it happens to be a MAGA/Trumpist, all the better.
Like I said I understand the strategy.

Just think if they actually think these clowns are a “threat to democracy” they should refrain from doing it.

Reactions: torbee
ADVERTISEMENT