ADVERTISEMENT

Interviewer: “Best Rapper Alive?” Harris: Tupac

This is pure Harris,.. She's obviously not up to speed with the current condition of rap, so when confronted with this question she attempts to provide an answer that she thinks will most impress the interviewer,.. Her primary goal is to look cool.

Her other answer would have been better: "Rapping is a type of singing and not to be confused with what we do with our Christmas presents. Rappers rap in a way that goes back to the old spirituals of the times OK? HAHAHAHAHAHA...but to know rappers is to know rapping...not wrapping. And that's something we all love these days."

Her other answer would have been better: "Rapping is a type of singing and not to be confused with what we do with our Christmas presents. Rappers rap in a way that goes back to the old spirituals of the times OK? HAHAHAHAHAHA...but to know rappers is to know rapping...not wrapping. And that's something we all love these days."
I actually read that in Kamala's voice. 🤣

I don't know...I think Kamala is dumb, and will be a terrible president. Saying Tupac for "alive" is a flub.

But she's almost 60. I don't think that her not knowing a current rapper is that big an indictment, even among black people not every 60 year old is into rap, and it's kind of racist to assume that someone has to be into hip hop to be an authentic black.

In addition, it's a difficult question to field, because it requires her to not only be able to "name a rapper" but know enough about the landscape to know that said rapper hasn't done, said, or recorded something horrible just recently. Even if you have a decent familiarity of rappers, you can't say Kanye, you can't say Eminem, is Drake really a pedophile? etc etc.

I think that question is actually very tricky.

• Haha
Reactions: NoWokeBloke
I don't know...I think Kamala is dumb, and will be a terrible president. Saying Tupac for "alive" is a flub.

But she's almost 60. I don't think that her not knowing a current rapper is that big an indictment, even among black people not every 60 year old is into rap, and it's kind of racist to assume that someone has to be into hip hop to be an authentic black.

In addition, it's a difficult question to field, because it requires her to not only be able to "name a rapper" but know enough about the landscape to know that said rapper hasn't done, said, or recorded something horrible just recently. Even if you have a decent familiarity of rappers, you can't say Kanye, you can't say Eminem, is Drake really a pedophile? etc etc.

I think that question is actually very tricky.

Not really,.. If she wanted to be cool with this she starts by admitting that she's somewhat out of touch with the current rap scene, but that back in her day it was all Tupac,... She would have owned the interview.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT