ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa -2.5 vs Iowa State

Iowa by a million, where's my bookie?

Season 1 Episode 3 GIF by Sony Pictures Television

Get your investment in now before the line moves.
Yeah right. These goofs?

Time after time the past couple years I got laughed at for betting some of the best value you'll ever find in sports betting in the Iowa money lines.

Then after Iowa would win, somehow the narrative became that their opponent wasn't any good.

Money isn't the interest around here

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Yeah right. These goofs?

Time after time the past couple years I got laughed at for betting some of the best value you'll ever find in sports betting in the Iowa money lines.

Then after Iowa would win, somehow the narrative became that their opponent wasn't any good.

Money isn't the interest around here
Iowa has easily, EASILY been my most profitable CFB team the last few seasons.

@gojojo , thank you for posting!

I will be all over that line. They think we are basically even in Kinnick?!?!??!?
As much as I hate to admit it, ISU is going to be pretty decent this season. I would say they’re at least the third best team on the schedule.

BUT…a new OC rolling into Kinnick will have his hands full. They were good offensively last year, and got a garbage TD and less than 4 yards per play on us.

As much as I hate to admit it, ISU is going to be pretty decent this season. I would say they’re at least the third best team on the schedule.

BUT…a new OC rolling into Kinnick will have his hands full. They were good offensively last year, and got a garbage TD and less than 4 yards per play on us.
They will be lucky to score 14 on us. Their OL is garbage.

They will be lucky to score 14 on us. Their OL is garbage.

The difference between these two teams is always at the LOS; until I see an ISU team win the battle upfront I'll be on Iowa to win this game. The only wins for ISU (2) in the last decade took some major Eff ups by Iowa to happen.

At -2.5 right now it seems too good to pass up. I'll be surprised if it's still under a FG by game week.

I will be all over that line. They think we are basically even in Kinnick?!?!??!?
Historically speaking they are 15-25 in Iowa City and only 8-22 at home. Average margin of victory in IC is 10.6 (3 wins by 3 over the last 20 years). What does that mean? It means I'm not working and instead looking at historical data.

My thoughts too. Then I remembered 2022 🤮

No way our offense is that bad again. Then again, who knows about the O line. Everyone outside of Iowa City (and many inside) are going to be in "prove it" mode regarding the offense. Otherwise this line would be bigger.

My thoughts too. Then I remembered 2022 🤮

No way our offense is that bad again. Then again, who knows about the O line. Everyone outside of Iowa City (and many inside) are going to be in "prove it" mode regarding the offense. Otherwise this line would be bigger.
Kinnick will burn if our offense can't move a lot more than the past couple of years.

I mean we ain't askin for much. Complete some 5 to 10 yard passes where the ball gets to the WR and he catches it!

• Haha
Reactions: BumHumpingHawkeye
This line jumps off the page as a trap line - begging for Iowa money. This is one I'm definitely staying away from, especially when we have no idea what our QB situation is going to look like. ISU returns everyone, they shouldn't be taken lightly.

This line jumps off the page as a trap line - begging for Iowa money. This is one I'm definitely staying away from, especially when we have no idea what our QB situation is going to look like. ISU returns everyone, they shouldn't be taken lightly.
C'mon man! Iowa State should ALWAYS be taken lightly! I mean, they're Iowa State! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
I'm back with less work being done. Over the last 5 games in Kinnick, ISU has averaged 9 ppg. The ultimate nut kick? Iowa has lost 3 of those games.
For real??

First, that’s unbelievable that they are being held to a touchdown & a safety per game in Kinnick.

Even more insane that they’ve won 3 times 🤯.

I thought Iowa has a pretty huge run going on them. Especially with Campbell being there.

Then I assume Iowa has won the other 7 games in the last decade? 5-0 in Ames?

• Haha
For real??

First, that’s unbelievable that they are being held to a touchdown & a safety per game in Kinnick.

Even more insane that they’ve won 3 times 🤯.

I thought Iowa has a pretty huge run going on them. Especially with Campbell being there.

Then I assume Iowa has won the other 7 games in the last decade? 5-0 in Ames?
Last loss in Ames was 2011 in triple OT. 8-2 in over the last 10. 2-2 in Kinnick and 6-0 at Trice.

"Then after Iowa would win, somehow the narrative became that their opponent wasn't any good". Nothing could be more true against good teams last year 92-0. Guess what? Iowa didn't have the 92! Won 10 games against crappy teams.
Its different this year. They have a new OC and the backup QB from NW 😂😂

Its different this year. They have a new OC and the backup QB from NW 😂😂
I could see how if someone was, for example, a Nebraska fan, watching their team miss bowl games over and over and over no matter who was coaching, that they might be lulled into thinking that a coordinator change can’t possibly make a difference.

Or, one might actually instead pay attention to what happens across the sport and notice how often a coordinator change makes an immediate impact.

And when it comes to backup quarterbacks, Sullivan was a HELL of a lot better than Deacon Hill and that thing called Heinrich Haarberg. Good teams try to build depth. Others empty their NIL chest for a true freshman.

The new OC is a significant factor. Last I checked, ISU returns 19 starters, including some good skill people on offense. As always the OL is the question. The difference in Trice last year was a pick-six.

I could see how if someone was, for example, a Nebraska fan, watching their team miss bowl games over and over and over no matter who was coaching, that they might be lulled into thinking that a coordinator change can’t possibly make a difference.

Or, one might actually instead pay attention to what happens across the sport and notice how often a coordinator change makes an immediate impact.

And when it comes to backup quarterbacks, Sullivan was a HELL of a lot better than Deacon Hill and that thing called Heinrich Haarberg. Good teams try to build depth. Others empty their NIL chest for a true freshman.
Cool story, but why are you telling me that...Are we both suppose to razz on Nebraska? But since you're on the topic of QB rooms, I would say Nebraska probably has the better room with a 5 star QB and I believe they brought in a 4 star as well. Could be wrong don't really follow them that closely. But if you're trying to say Iowa has the better room and are actually trying to build a room I would say you're wrong on both counts there bud.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT