ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa #2 per PFF (May 25) & # 3 in Sporting News (May 25), Athlon's (May 18), CBS Sports (May 5) & ESPN's (May 4) B1G Power Rankings

Wish he would have some prior to ISU. I fear the shi** show which is Ames could rattle him. I think that game will either reinforce the idea that he's jumpy and nervous or he can put it to bed with a cool-headed solid performance.
one game doesn't define a player for an entire career. It shouldn't anyway. Nate Stanley's first road start was the 44-41 OT win at Iowa State where he threw 5 TD passes, including the game-winner to ISM. Stanely had a good career at Iowa, but he also had some stinkers in his career too.

one game doesn't define a player for an entire career. It shouldn't anyway. Nate Stanley's first road start was the 44-41 OT win at Iowa State where he threw 5 TD passes, including the game-winner to ISM. Stanely had a good career at Iowa, but he also had some stinkers in his career too.

No, but how he performs at ISMoo will tell a lot about how far he's come with the nerves and unsettled way he often looks in the pocket. Big games sometimes do define a player...be it fair or not. With a more normal year of preparation I think SP will look much more confident this year.

I'm really struggling with the pre-season love for the Hawks this year. I don't expect them to suck, but I also think they have a lot of holes to fill. Some of our opponents are returning a ton of players, even some super seniors, others are plugging holes with portal acquisitions and we're just plugging along business as usual. Plus I feel like QB is still somewhat of an unknown. Yeah, he started for a shortened year, looked awful at times and solid at others. If inconsistency remains the name of his game, it will cost us some games.

I'm also not confident our D-Line can get the pressure we've enjoyed over the last few years. I think there's a lot of talent there, but not a lot of proven rock stars.
Also feel our O-line lacks depth and experience. As a guy who believes it all starts in the trenches, I feel like we'll have some growing pains to start the year. With our schedule, if that happens, we could be digging out of a hole right off the bat like last year.

I am confident Iowa will be a good team by November. I'm not confident we'll be good out the gate. If Petras steps up his game and becomes more consistently good, we'll be a great team by November

And Purdue's best player is gone. Sure, Bell torched Iowa, but that won't happen again. Purdue got a good draw getting iowa game one last year, as iowa always starts slow.

He has done it two straight years against anyone Iowa has put out there. Why are you so confident he won't do it again?

Reactions: StallmanCurse
He has done it two straight years against anyone Iowa has put out there. Why are you so confident he won't do it again?
David Bell and George Karlaftis still play for Purdue. Should we tell him that? Purdue actually has some talent coming up this year and could be decent again.

Thanks for keeping us (me) updated ! I will buy you a beer the next time I see you, wait I never met you! (I’m person) so I will buy you a six pack of your choice of beverage my friend ..cheers

Optimism my friend, optimism. LOL Besides, our DB's are all back and Parker hopefully will, (after being torched twice) have it figured out. ;) That was also game one last year, and our DB's played like it was game one, so they will have some games under their belt by the time Purdue rolls around.

Iowa is #2 here.

Vegas always knows...right? ;)

It's time to the win the West again.

saupload_lloyd-300x300.jpg

Optimism my friend, optimism. LOL Besides, our DB's are all back and Parker hopefully will, (after being torched twice) have it figured out. ;) That was also game one last year, and our DB's played like it was game one, so they will have some games under their belt by the time Purdue rolls around.

He is the modern day James Hardy. Kryptonite on two legs.

• Haha
Reactions: scotthawk1964
David Bell and George Karlaftis still play for Purdue. Should we tell him that? Purdue actually has some talent coming up this year and could be decent again.

It seems like it doesn't matter how good Purdue is supposed to be. Iowa seems to always struggle stopping their offense.

It seems like it doesn't matter how good Purdue is supposed to be. Iowa seems to always struggle stopping their offense.
Ya. That has been a weird one for sure. Purdue offense should be really good this year. Return basically everyone plus a year older. Lost LT.

Defense is the question mark. Have some really good pieces. Best DE in the conference. Upgraded the staff and added like 8 transfers to fill holes and add depth. If the defense holds, Purdue could be good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT