ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa 31 points, Minnesota 30

cidsports

HB King

In the last 3 games, Iowa has scored 31 points going 1-2. Iowa beat Penn State 23-20, last win at Kinnick.

Minnesota went on the road and defeated Colorado 30-0, but Coach PJ Fleck mentioned those 30 points coming in 3 games since this week.

A Gopher fan on one of their message board's suggested the following about the 4-2 Minnesota team:

It seems like the Pandemic and the racial issues in Minneapolis have changed Fleck. I guess how can't it? But it seems like he's lost his edge a little bit to me. Like he has a softer side. I hope he gets that edge back in 2022. I think this program has regressed quite a bit in the last 2 years, but I can understand it somewhat considering the circumstances I just mentioned.

With all that being said, ya gotta think Fleck wants to beat Iowa really bad. He's never beat them and the way he reacted to the win over Nebraska this year makes me think he hasn't forgotten the 3 timeouts Ferentz called at the end of the game last year. As far as his press conference, I thought it was loaded with excuses. Obviously he was protecting his coaches and protecting his players, but all in all it sounded like a lot of excuses to me. Even if he somehow manages a win at Iowa, I give him about a 5% chance of beating Wisconsin. This is just not a fun team to watch in my opinion, and it's all because of the offense.

Unsure Northwestern can knock off the Badgers as a 24 point underdog on Saturday. Nebraska would be an outlier based on 2021. To their credit, they did play well at Oklahoma in September.

Was it Chuck Long that said this isn't a good Minnesota team?

You have to win home games, like Bowling Green and Illinois. I doubt he talking about the 45-31 loss to open the season.

PJ Fleck got an extended contract, then 14-6 lost at home against Illinois at home. Their place kicker missed an early FG and then an XP on Saturday.

Iowa is only scoring 23 points (team high at Kinnick in B1G games, since ending non-conference), so the Hawkeyes are going to have to keep the Golphers scoring in check.

The offense scored 20 points against Indiana. The two pick-6s finished off the season high, in the B1G opener of 34.

Both teams are finding it difficult to score lately in the Big Ten. Iowa finally got off 7 points with a 17-12 win at Northwestern.

Minnesota did beat Purdue on the road this season.

Random tweet on Minnesota.

The 1981 Big Ten Hawks will be back at Kinnick on Saturday. Let's finish off some unfinished business. Beat the Gophers, who haven't won at Kinnick, since 1981, but they have been known to put a damper on Iowa spirits, like Iowa State, in games where field goals out shine touchdowns.

A 37-0 win isn't likely. That 55-0 win came at the old barn we all may remember.

Reactions: lrtbahawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News