ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa adds Colorado State to the 2021 schedule

Like the addition if can’t get a power 5 they are usually pretty good. Thing is come 2021 nobody has any clue how good they will be. Hopefully be a solid team that year.

I'm in Colorado and would love to go to FTC for a game. I saw CSU and Air Force last month in FTC, a nice new stadium for the Rams. In 1995 (I think) I saw Dr. Tom, Settles, Millard, Bowen etc. blow out CU and Chauncey Billups in Boulder. I think there were as many Hawks in the stands as CU fans.

I like this add to the schedule a whole lot more than North Dakota State, UNI, Cyclones, UNT, or most of the recent teams on our OOC schedule.

Yawn. Another crappy program from a G5 conference coming to collect a check. At least Wyoming had a first round draft pick to make it interesting.

Would rather have kicked the tires on CU.
So you already know csu is not going to have a first round player and are going to be terrible?

I'm in Colorado and would love to go to FTC for a game. I saw CSU and Air Force last month in FTC, a nice new stadium for the Rams.

Would happily make the drive up the 25 to the Fort. Saw the game at Boulder when we did a home and home with CU.

It takes two to tango. NO P5 Conference school is going to give up a out of conference home game....$$$$. The Wisky-ND game in Soldier Field is a TV driven money game. Iowa is not in that class to draw that kind of interest and money. The P5 vs P5 out of conference fall into the Iowa vs ISU category...they are traditional games or in-state contests. Nobody else does it out side of that.....an Iowa isn't and never has been that type of team to get the TV interest.

I was at this year's Bama/CSU game at Alabama. Final was 41/23; the game was certainly not an embarrassment for CSU against the #1 team in the land.

Rather than bash everyone and everything, why not just let it play out and then make a judgement about the "result" rather than perceptions and/or speculations.

Game with CSU is fine. But sick Wisconsin has ND. That was our game. First choice from ND was Iowa. F'in Pollard and ISU threatening legal action if we wanted out for a 2 game series with ND. Horrrible. I don't care how good ISU is or will be but we are totally hamstrung with that game with our need for home games.
GOTTA GET RID OF THE CRAPPY, USELESS ISU SERIES! Then we can get some interesting matchups. This is the only year in the past 15 that a win over ISU meant anything!

To be fair, that's because CSU was better than Colorado those years. Colorado had some dark times only a few seasons ago.

True, in the 7 years i have lived here last year was the only year CU had a winning record if i recall. I feel bad for CSU and CU (even the Rockies) with how they get overshadowed by the Broncos, especially in the media. Dont think iv met a legit rams or buffs fan out here...all Broncos

ADVERTISEMENT