ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa among 6 B1G Programs Hit the Hardest by the Transfer Portal

How does gaining a great tight end offset losing six scholarship wide receivers, in the past year, that play a different position??? All steps in for Laporta, so we will have one of the top tight ends combo in the country with Lachey, similar to what we had this past season, no matter how underutilized it was for a number of reasons. Please explain.
All is a weapon as a receiver. And in case you missed it, I said partially offset. And if you think losing Matthews, Hutson or Tracy had a huge impact on Iowa, you're effing crazy.
Losing Jones hurt last year but he's gone either way next season. Losing Johnson may hurt but he was absent this year for 90% of live snaps - that effs up an offense worse than having hom around. Bruce had an up-and-down year, but he knew what he was doing, he just couldn't do it consistently well.

Iowa does need help at WR. But IMHO, they needed it next year with or without Johnson or Bruce. Those 2 obviously weren't the answer for the future, especially with one foot out the door all year.

All is a weapon as a receiver. And in case you missed it, I said partially offset. And if you think losing Matthews, Hutson or Tracy had a huge impact on Iowa, you're effing crazy.
Losing Jones hurt last year but he's gone either way next season. Losing Johnson may hurt but he was absent this year for 90% of live snaps - that effs up an offense worse than having hom around. Bruce had an up-and-down year, but he knew what he was doing, he just couldn't do it consistently well.

Iowa does need help at WR. But IMHO, they needed it next year with or without Johnson or Bruce. Those 2 obviously weren't the answer for the future, especially with one foot out the door all year.
A lot of this is right. It still doesn’t change that we’ve lost six scholarship receivers in the last year and have yet to replace any of them. And it will be hard to attract talent with how the offense can’t get receivers the ball.

WNBA is 12million in the red per season. That equates to every player owing 83k back to the league to break even (NBA funds the wnba).

WOW… I did not know that! I have always said the law of economics should most assuredly define how much you should make!

With that said, this whole NIL deal as it pertains to college athletics is a whole different bird! Theoretically, I suppose it’s pure raw capitalism, however, many of these athletic departments run in the red anyway (yes I know it’s not the schools) and when you’re pulling in high school kids and giving them that kind of money before they even step on the field… Man does that seem risky

Duh U fans (all 17 of them) want Gattis gone. He took a preseason top 10 QB and made him look like Petras's twin brother. They were held without a TD for 9 straight quarters at one point and had a whopping 98 yards vs Clemson (9 yards in the first half).

Michigan didn't exactly fight to keep him last year and they certainly didn't skip a beat without him this year.

Can’t be, our more positive posters that like to continually lift the program down, have told us we are clearly the worst offense in the country and nobody has coaches as stupid as ours!

No body is bad like us! We have consistently been one of the worst teams in America for 24 years and yet we still have the same coach… Doesn’t matter how many games we won we’re just bad!

Why, because they say so!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bishop1971
A lot of this is right. It still doesn’t change that we’ve lost six scholarship receivers in the last year and have yet to replace any of them. And it will be hard to attract talent with how the offense can’t get receivers the ball.

I’m assuming when they try to court wide receivers they show them the offense when it’s healthy and they can get them, the ball.

It isn’t like this been a 24 year thing !

I’m assuming when they try to court wide receivers they show them the offense when it’s healthy and they can get them, the ball.

It isn’t like this been a 24 year thing !
But it’s been a two year thing. That’s all receivers care about. Who cares how the receivers got targeted three seasons ago. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Thunderlips71
But it’s been a two year thing. That’s all receivers care about. Who cares how the receivers got targeted three seasons ago. 🤷‍♂️

Well, let’s look at that a different way… If that’s all that can be done, then it seems to me like there is no hope?

Since many of our fans like to bring up other programs, who have good offenses that they think are somehow wildly different than ours… I happen to have had a look at Kansas State and Michigans run disparity over the last couple weeks and hell they run the ball more than us! WY more than us, actually!

The point being our offense isn’t all that unusual, but our ability to get the ball to wide receivers, the last couple years has of course been awful…

With that said, I don’t think it’s very hard to tell them, I think we’ve lead the country, or rather been in the top five or 10% in the country over the last couple years with dropped passes, didn’t I read that somewhere?

Surely a good wide receiver, would take that as a challenge, right?!

Well, let’s look at that a different way… If that’s all that can be done, then it seems to me like there is no hope?

Since many of our fans like to bring up other programs, who have good offenses that they think are somehow wildly different than ours… I happen to have had a look at Kansas State and Michigans run disparity over the last couple weeks and hell they run the ball more than us! WY more than us, actually!

The point being our offense isn’t all that unusual, but our ability to get the ball to wide receivers, the last couple years has of course been awful…

With that said, I don’t think it’s very hard to tell them, I think we’ve lead the country, or rather been in the top five or 10% in the country over the last couple years with dropped passes, didn’t I read that somewhere?

Surely a good wide receiver, would take that as a challenge, right?!
I think Iowa’s offense is in a prove it to me situation, after the experiences of Charlie Jones, Keagan, and Arland. No need for a wide receiver with other power five offers to take that chance.

I think Iowa’s offense is in a prove it to me situation, after the experiences of Charlie Jones, Keagan, and Arland. No need for a wide receiver with other power five offers to take that chance.

That’s of course you’re right… And all it really shows is the old saying “what have you done for me lately is most definitively true.”

You could have five, 10, 20 good years in a row, and if things go in the shit hole for a couple, you pretty much lose all your equity with the fan base or at least a portion of it!

In reality, we’ve never really had a super dynamic offense but we certainly have had way way, better OL& quarterback play!

That’s of course you’re right… And all it really shows is the old saying “what have you done for me lately is most definitively true.”

You could have five, 10, 20 good years in a row, and if things go in the shit hole for a couple, you pretty much lose all your equity with the fan base or at least a portion of it!

In reality, we’ve never really had a super dynamic offense but we certainly have had way way, better OL& quarterback play!
Keeping in mind that one of those bad years was a 10-2 year...

Can’t be, our more positive posters that like to continually lift program down, have told us we are clearly the worst offense in the country and nobody has coaches as stupid as ours!

No body is bad like us! We have consistently been one of the worst teams in America for 24 years and yet we still have the same coach… Doesn’t matter how many games we won we’re just bad!

Why, because they say so!
The only thing missing in this post is
We want more, we want more
Then you can sound like herkyfan when he posts about isu

It would have been exciting to see Cade throw to Keagan and Arland next year. Need to get him some help at receiver.

I think the selling point is opening up the offense as cade was told and said in an interview. Also having cade as qb can be attractive to some wrs. He has won a big ten champ and made the cfp. And has plenty of tape hitting wrs. There is a better than good chance we land a couple of really good wrs.

Reactions: cmhawks99
I think the selling point is opening up the offense as cade was told and said in an interview. Also having cade as qb can be attractive to some wrs. He has won a big ten champ and made the cfp. And has plenty of tape hitting wrs. There is a better than good chance we land a couple of really good wrs.
Holden would have been a good get. At this point I’d be surprised if we even got two receivers in this portal window.

Holden would have been a good get. At this point I’d be surprised if we even got two receivers in this portal window.
I have almost no doubt we do. We are still on the top 2 we had targeted from the start and I'm sure there will be others available. Holden took me by surprise. My worry is nil as our targets get possibly poached, at least teslaa. I firmly think Anderson us an Iowa commit

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT