ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Among Schools w/ Lowest Number of Transfer Portal Entries Since Aug 1

He's one of the all time great Hawks who chose to take hie talents to an historically great program. It's worth ending his career for that
lmao are you serious with this? That's not even close. He spent half his career here pump faking, and the other half injured. JoBo's old ass is having a better season right now than CJ's best year.

He ran out on his teammates and didn't even have the courage to tell them until he was gone. I would have understood it if he told them to their faces like a man, but I know for a fact he lied directly to Fran and his teammates 2 days before dipping.

He was a 4* coming out of high school, correct. I know that's not a perfect predictor but is says something about perceived ability.
So was Petras… on another front I think Padilla stayed because he probably thinks grass isn’t greener going to another school and must feel he either A. Has a legit shot to win the job or B. Knows at least one snap from taking over again if the statue in front of him gets hurt again and C. Even as eye backup in prime position to be starter as a senior in 23’. But to another posters take about Iowa being comfortable with the qb room. If that’s the case that’s an awful decision by our staff. Minus OT qb was by far our weakest position and not looking to upgrade KF/BF & KOK are either overly optimistic with one of them vastly improving or KF loyalty to his guys is going to be detriment and cost the team if we get the same type of production.

Ok, but another way of looking at it is that Iowa is taking a reactionary approach and not taking the bull by the horns when it comes to portal recruiting. I see nothing wrong with going after an available proven college FB talent who would be a major upgrade to a position, even if you have a capable placeholder there. Not naming any specific teams or players, just pointing out that there are numerous examples of other schools doing this and benefiting from it, so perhaps Iowa needs to rethink their "Iowa Nice strategy."

Oh absolutely. Except I don't think the current strategy is "nice", it's just a strategy. Abd, I'm not defending it, but I understand it.

Reactions: MeetTheFerentz
BF wasted Tyrone Tracy plain and simple. And the drops narrative doesn’t fly when you look at the stats.
Tracy dropped a lot of balls. He was a good Hawkeye but he didn’t take advantage of his opportunities.

Reactions: shudaddy
I know that Kentucky picked up one of ya'lls transfers, Deuce Hogan. What can you tell me about him?
From what I hear, he's the second coming of Patrick Mahomes....so his mom tells us. The best QB on the roster and should have been the starter at Iowa but wasn't for some strange reason (again, according to his mom). All the players loved him and couldn't believe he wasn't starting (according to his mom).

All the above is true (that his mom said in an infamous facebook missive), but he only saw the field for a very short time in mop up and did nothing impressive. Fans here thought, for some reason, that he was destined to be the next big star to take our program to the promised land, but I'm not sure why....maybe based on his offer list?

Again, you asked for examples. I gave them. Would I like Iowa to garner a transfer QB, yes, unequivocally yes. Now will that happen, not likely because of this antiquated thought. I will leave it at this with Frost, he led that team to a split national title. If Iowa would pull that off, I really don't care if it's a run first, or pass first offense.
A portal transfer to replace Duce would be nice.Soomeone with 2 years of eligibility and a red shirt perhaps, running or pass first. I like that. Chances we get a Russel, Cam, Baker or even someone who can help in 2022 are slim to none (maybe as a runner).

Teams also lose players because of lack of playing time or because they got passed by a better player (example: Tyrone Tracy).

It's interesting, too, that Padilla is coming back.
Use your brain. At Iowa, Padilla has a great chance to still be the starting QB and last I checked we were a Power 5 school.

Where else in all of Power 5 ball could Padilla ever transfer and get as good of a chance to play? The answer: NOWHERE. Give the kid credit for being this smart at least-- certainly smarter than you for making the comment here you did.

In fact, what decent DI school would even show an interest in Padilla and offer him a schollie? Answer: NOBODY.

Padilla would have to go to a very low DI level or UNI-type level to hope to get the chance to play a lot.

Last edited:
Fans here thought, for some reason, that he was destined to be the next big star to take our program to the promised land, but I'm not sure why....maybe based on his offer list?
What recruit that gets signed doesn't a fanatic cream their jeans over? C'mon.

According to some on these boards, a few weeks ago Iowa signed 17 future All-Americans.

According to some on these boards, a few weeks ago Iowa signed 17 future All-Americans.
I'm generally a wait and see kinda guy. I've been around long enough to see plenty of busts and plenty of surprises. I liked that he was a 4* and that he was so pro-Iowa and actively recruiting. I liked his confidence. But the stats didn't fit the *'s.

Use your brain. At Iowa, Padilla has a great chance to still be the starting QB and last I checked we were a Power 5 school.

Where else in all of Power 5 ball could Padilla ever transfer and get as good of a chance to play? The answer: NOWHERE. Give the kid credit for being this smart at least-- certainly smarter than you for making the comment here you did.

In fact, what decent DI school would even show an interest in Padilla and offer him a schollie? Answer: NOBODY.

Padilla would have to go to a very low DI level or UNI-type level to hope to get the chance to play a lot.
My gosh. You rip on Fran for his opinion, then post this gem about AP (who could be the starting QB for a really good B1G school in 7 months) not being able to get a scholly anywhere except maybe UNI? Maybe you should use YOUR brain.

Some fun stuff in here
1st round QB transfer/retransfer… can’t beat out a walk on
JoeFred as an all time great Hawk?
Do posters realize that when they send this stuff that it tanks their credibility?

IowaFB_WhitesOnlyAllowed (aka CyTwins)-- How's that court case going for lying about X's recruitment? Hopefully, you'll just have to worry about picking up roadside trash & not the soap in some sketchy prison.

Mods- Please disable his account due to racist handle & also to save him from getting into even more trouble......thanks!

IowaFB_WhitesOnlyAllowed (aka CyTwins)-- How's that court case going for lying about X's recruitment? Hopefully, you'll just have to worry about picking up roadside trash & not the soap in some sketchy prison.

Mods- Please disable his account due to racist handle & also to save him from getting into even more trouble......thanks!
You know that they don't just magically know when you type "mods".

You have to do this:
@TomKakert
@Blair Sanderson
@Mike Zierath

So you admit you, CREAM YOUR JEANS over young boys....Sorry, I'm not ever getting there about a recruit ever and I doubt many Iowa fanatics are going down that road.

• Wow
Reactions: BornToWave

Everybody:

It has been disabled for a couple of days. Banning a poster, will not remove his Likes. I can’t do anything about it except delete the entire thread. You tell me, what do you want?

Mike

I'm generally a wait and see kinda guy. I've been around long enough to see plenty of busts and plenty of surprises. I liked that he was a 4* and that he was so pro-Iowa and actively recruiting. I liked his confidence. But the stats didn't fit the *'s.
I too don't think you can evaluate any kid until he's been on campus and proven it a couple of years. Do the names of Dan Doering, Blake Larson, and Willie Guy come to mind? On the reverse side, people like Dallas Clark was a walk-on who eventually became All-American and All-Pro in the NFL.

You're right with Duece-- people loved him because he was very vocal and hyped on the Hawks when he committed as well as people thought he'd solve all the QB issues. But now some of the same people who loved him then trashed him recently when he decided to leave Iowa. Fickle Iowa fans.

Tracy was misused. He is a slot guy and because of poor recruiting and being unwilling to throw a true freshman out there right away at the X spot, Tracy had to play out of position. He is a guy that you need to get the ball to in space. Also, Petras doesn't look to the WRs much. There were times he was open or was breaking open but Petras was locked on to LaPorta. The one WR he likes to throw to is Ragaini. Look at Tracy when he played with Stanley vs Petras.

Everybody:

It has been disabled for a couple of days. Banning a poster, will not remove his Likes. I can’t do anything about it except delete the entire thread. You tell me, what do you want?

Mike
Are you sure it's disabled? I understand not retroactively removing old "likes" from a banned poster, but he's still liking posts as recently at 9:30 this morning...

Not that I was banned or anything from the PSU board during Boogate (I definitely was) but when I try and access the board over there I get a notification that I can't get in because I'm banned. No seeing threads, no liking posts, etc. Why are the two rivals sites different?

• Wow
Are you sure it's disabled? I understand not retroactively removing old "likes" from a banned poster, but he's still liking posts as recently at 9:30 this morning...

Not that I was banned or anything from the PSU board during Boogate (I definitely was) but when I try and access the board over there I get a notification that I can't get in because I'm banned. No seeing threads, no liking posts, etc. Why are the two rivals sites different?
9:30 today?

Scrolling up in this thread must be difficult
EDIT: I did that and didn’t see one from today….and then I looked again, it’s definitely still happening.

I went into his profile, it doesn’t exist, because I killed it. Because of that, I can’t even review current activity.

@TomKakert gonna lean on you for this one.

Mike

Tracy was misused. He is a slot guy and because of poor recruiting and being unwilling to throw a true freshman out there right away at the X spot, Tracy had to play out of position. He is a guy that you need to get the ball to in space. Also, Petras doesn't look to the WRs much. There were times he was open or was breaking open but Petras was locked on to LaPorta. The one WR he likes to throw to is Ragaini. Look at Tracy when he played with Stanley vs Petras.
Accurate.

• Wow
EDIT: I did that and didn’t see one from today….and then I looked again, it’s definitely still happening.

I went into his profile, it doesn’t exist, because I killed it. Because of that, I can’t even review current activity.

@TomKakert gonna lean on you for this one.

Mike
I'm totally fine with the ban, hell if you had done your job in the first place, none of this would have happened.

I'm totally fine with the ban, hell if you had done your job in the first place, none of this would have happened.
giphy.gif

That's unfair. All we can do is ban them, which we have done. The one today is new and guess what, I banned it and it's no longer liking posts. My guess is they will create another one and we will do this dance again with you saying we are doing nothing. Again, that's not true. Unfortunately there's now a lot we can beyond what we are already doing. Thanks for your understanding and if you have further questions please feel free to email me to report the posts.

Last edited:
That's unfair. All we can do is ban them, which we have done. The one today is new and guess what, I banned it and it's no longer liking posts. My guess is they will create another one and we will do this dance again with you saying we are doing nothing. Again, that's not true. Unfortunately there's now a lot we can beyond what we are already doing. Thanks for your understanding and if you have further questions please feel free to email me oe report the posts.
Just a heads up, he's back already as BornToWave

Reactions: TomKakert
So you admit you, CREAM YOUR JEANS over young boys....Sorry, I'm not ever getting there about a recruit ever and I doubt many Iowa fanatics are going down that road.
Nope, I have been quite critical for a lot of years here over people like you and others that do. And they follow these guys on Twitter, wear their jerseys as grown men. People like you need to grow up and not be so creepy.

Data on players who transferred and excelled is relevant regardless of whether it came pre-portal or not. The portal makes transferring easier, but it doesn't affect the performance of the transfer player post transfer.
The portal makes recruiting easy

The portal makes recruiting easy
Agreed. The sub-discussion was in regard to a post that implied that there really aren't any great QB's that were transfers. A list was provided and you pointed out that the portal has only been around for a few years. I was just pointing out that the existence of the portal is irrelevant to the discussion of whether QBs have transferred and become stars after transferring. In fact, with the portal making it easy, and transfers being much more prevalent, I'd expect to see even more QB's transfer and shine at their new location.

I can hate the player for not being a man.

It's not that he left, it's how he did it.
Why would you hate someone that never did anything to you to warrant that kind of emotion? Its basketball. People have lost all perspective nowadays.

ADVERTISEMENT