ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Athletic Dept

cornfed17

All-Conference
Gold Member
Nov 14, 2012
So as I flip through the channels the Nebraska vs Texas baseball game catches my eye not for the actual viewing purposes, but I was shocked at how many of their fans are at the game. Place is packed and I hear about Iowa's baseball game against #19 Indiana which is in town and we get mere 100's (Given I am not in attendance either) but I continue to watch and the music, the vibe is just completely different from any Iowa baseball game I have been too.

This is not just a baseball thing, this is an entire athletic department thing. Nebraska is HORRIBLE at Basketball and from viewing purposes it seems their fans pack the arena and are more engaged at all times. I'm not saying Nebby has better fans, but when you just listen to the setting, the arena, the stadium everyone seems more energetic and I feel that is a direct correlation of what the athletic department does whether its music, giveaways or what not.

I would love to see the day where I really look forward to going to a baseball or basketball game on a saturday not only to watch the Hawks win but also because the entire environment is a blast and it's the place to be. We blame the students a lot and I get that but there are a lot of empty seats around Iowa sporting events lately. Just one man's thoughts and would love more from the athletic department.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.