ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Athletics Budget Shortfall - Sports Officially Cut

Mar 14, 2003
Well, it's time to have this discussion. Today they discussed losing $100 million. Barta said cutting sports is on the table even though it would be a fraction of the money.

So what sports are in serious jeopardy? I have to admit, I'm pretty damn concerned about baseball.

I sure hope not, but less credible things have happened.

If there was no D1 baseball program in Iowa, that would be a dad reality. Baseball is improving rapidly in Iowa (as everywhere). I want ISU and UNI programs to relaunch.

I sure hope not, but less credible things have happened.

If there was no D1 baseball program in Iowa, that would be a dad reality. Baseball is improving rapidly in Iowa (as everywhere). I want ISU and UNI programs to relaunch.

I'm concerned about all nonrevenue sports at Iowa. Barta claims those cuts are on the table yet they barely make a dent in things? I mean I can't even begin to think how you decide who to cut and why? A lot of Iowa non revenue sports are pretty darn competitive.

I’ve been told sports will be cut but baseball should be safe. I don’t trust GB though.

Looks like gymnastics, men's and women's swimming and diving, and one other one. I can't remember it from the blurb I saw.

ADVERTISEMENT