ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Balanced Attack

Auger

HB All-American
Sep 14, 2007
Through 7 games Iowa has gained 1,447 yds through the air and 1,501 yds on the ground. The run to pass ratio is at 60/40 and Iowa has scored 18 TD's on the ground and 9 through the air. Additionally Iowa has avg 5 yds per carry on the ground and 12.4 yds through the air showing a nice mix a big yardage plays and the ability to run clock and move the ball both on the gorund and in the air. Not many Iowa teams in the past have been so balanced. Teams have to respect Iowa all over the field. I know Iowa has been more run heavy the past few games but that is largely due to injuries and opposing D's ability to get to Beathard.

If everyone on offense can get healthy these next couple weeks this could be a rare case where injuries have made a team deeper and stronger by the 2nd half of the season. If the OL can get healthy and show improvement in pass blocking the air game could catch back up to the run game.

I calculate that to be a 49% air and 51% ground ratio in yards. Sh!ts outta wack. Need to even things out. The offense is becoming too predictable.

;-)

If everyone on offense can get healthy these next couple weeks this could be a rare case where injuries have made a team deeper and stronger by the 2nd half of the season.

While you always hate to see injuries, I feel the same way about this possibly making the team stronger. At a minimum it's getting more snaps for younger guys that will be key pieces of the OL (and WR where Jerminic Smith is concerned) next year. That said, it could be very interesting to see how this team could do the rest of the way completely healthy (fingers crossed).

We average north of 200 yards per game both rushing and passing. That's a recipe for success, folks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT