ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Baseball - 2020 Season Wrapup

Mar 14, 2003
As much as it pains me to do this, I don’t think we’re playing again. So as it stands now Iowa finishes the year 10-5 with the top RPI 38 in the league. So naturally something like this had to happen.

That said, I think this team had a legit shot at winning the conference and making regionals. I feel for guys like Ben Norman, Lorenzo Elion, Zeb Adreon, Justin Jenkins, Grant Judkins, Adam Ketelsen, Matthew Sosa, Austin Martin, Trace Hoffman, and Grant Leonard who are all seniors and may never play for Iowa again. That’s not counting some talented draft eligible Juniors and Sophomores. It just sucks all around and hopefully some of them get the extra year and decide to stick around, but the way pro ball works throws a wrench into that.

Coach Heller once together put together a solid roster and it just sucks we can’t finish this thing.

Maybe in 3 weeks it’ll change, but I doubt it.

Go Hawks!

Reactions: 2bagger22
200.gif

It is looking more and more like a year of Eligibility will be added to the spring Sports.

I know there will be a lot to clean up with how that effects scholarship distribution but this could be an interesting development

It is looking more and more like a year of Eligibility will be added to the spring Sports.

I know there will be a lot to clean up with how that effects scholarship distribution but this could be an interesting development
Yes but who will iowa lose to the draft and will guys like Martin and Norman want to come back?? Big ?

This will create an interesting predicament for MLB as drafted seniors often sign for peanuts since they have no other option and therefore no leverage. This year, there will be no draftable players without the leverage of another option (playing college ball).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT