ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Baseball @ B1G Tournament

Mar 14, 2003
Iowa heads to Bloomington, IN on Wednesday and will face a Maryland team with a solid pitcher and some offensive pop. Iowa needs to play very well, with no free bases to win this. Start time is 7:30, so I am interested in seeing the other start times.

I believe Iowa's side of the bracket will be...

1. Nebraska
8. Purdue

4. Maryland
5. Iowa
-------------------
2. Michigan
7. Northwestern

3. Minnesota
6. Indiana

You win the first two, then you'll face someone from the other side of the bracket.

Iowa is 12-21 all time in the B1G tournament with title game appearances in 1983, 2019, and 2016. Iowa is 5-5 against the 2017 field.

Iowa will face Brian Schaffer who tossed a complete game vs Iowa in Iowa City last year giving up one run.

Nick Gallagher made two appearances vs Maryland last year and gave up zero runs in 10 total innings.

The game is roughly at 7:30pm on BTN. It looks like rain could be a factor in Bloomington on Wednesday.

http://hawkeyesports.com/news/2017/5/23/baseball-game-notes-big-ten-tournament-may-24-28.aspx

Loser plays DH? Wow, now that will tax a team and pitching! Must get by Maryland. Nebraska played a long game yesterday and looks like it used a lot of pitchers...Go hawks!

Loser plays DH? Wow, now that will tax a team and pitching! Must get by Maryland. Nebraska played a long game yesterday and looks like it used a lot of pitchers...Go hawks!

-Maryland will be tough, very tough. They can be good offensively and face a guy that is the real deal pitching for them.
-Nebraska only used two pitchers, they are sitting pretty good.
-Playing a DH isn't going to tax a team and pitching as much as the climb you have from losing game one. You lose your first game and you must win four in a row to make the title game plus the actual title game.

I just assumed playing that long of a game that Neb used more pitchers, so I stand corrected. Yeah, losing Game 1 like Mich is certainly an uphill climb. Erickson throwing today followed by Gallagher?

I just assumed playing that long of a game that Neb used more pitchers, so I stand corrected. Yeah, losing Game 1 like Mich is certainly an uphill climb. Erickson throwing today followed by Gallagher?

Gallagher will pitch today and hopefully he is the only one starting today. After Gallagher it will be Erickson whether it's later today or Friday.

Got to think we stick with Elijah Wood as our #3 especially since he threw seven innings of three run ball vs Illinois last weekend.

And feel free to start the session before 10am when you are already running behind due to weather delays. You know, just in case any of the games go into extra innings or just run long...

The Iowa v. Maryland game is supposed to start 40 minutes after the MI vs. IN game ends. Going to the 10th inning.

Great start jumping on Schaffer. Might be a good matchup since he's a fastball pitcher and throws lots of strikes.

3-0 already

Error throwing over to first. First base runner goes to third base. Batter hit by pitch. First and third. One out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT