ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Baseball Games on TV

Mar 14, 2003
April 1st @ Illinois - BTN
April 15th @ Nebraska - ESPNU
April 22nd @ Minnesota - BTN
May 13th @ Northwestern - BTN
May 19th vs Penn State - ESPNU

Then of course the B1G tournament is all on BTN. I wish more home games were on TV and wish BTN would've picked up a game or two of the Oklahoma State series.

More games on TV than the one or two in recent years so this is good. I still think BTN could make a better effort and have A LOT more baseball on.

The frustrating about BTN is they don’t really make an effort to even show other live sports during the baseball weekends. I could live with it if that was the case. Instead, we’re stuck with replays of 1990’s OSU-Michigan football games.

The frustrating about BTN is they don’t really make an effort to even show other live sports during the baseball weekends. I could live with it if that was the case. Instead, we’re stuck with replays of 1990’s OSU-Michigan football games.

Exactly, with BTN you really have a chance to showcase the league on TV. You could have a 1pm game and 6pm game on Sat. Then do 6pm on Fri and 1pm on Sunday literally every weekend.

They have not and it appears will not.

I'm hoping they'll add some BTN Plus games, I don't care if the announcers are crappy. As of right now, softball has no TV this spring.

That Feb. 27th home opener vs Cornell is starting to look iffy ;)

Last edited:
Exactly, with BTN you really have a chance to showcase the league on TV. You could have a 1pm game and 6pm game on Sat. Then do 6pm on Fri and 1pm on Sunday literally every weekend.

They have not and it appears will not.

Yes more baseball on the network in the spring would be good. I'm sure it's a cost issue. Sending a truck a crew to venues to televise games adds up. And the ratings for another classic football game likely do better than a live baseball game.

Yes more baseball on the network in the spring would be good. I'm sure it's a cost issue. Sending a truck a crew to venues to televise games adds up. And the ratings for another classic football game likely do better than a live baseball game.

An Ohio State or Michigan classic game at that. :D

The scheduled home opener next Tuesday Feb 27 is now listed for BTN Plus, so it should be available on devices that support the BTN app, for an extra fee of course. Hopefully more games will be added later. The current forecast for next Tuesday is 53 and sunny, hope that holds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT