ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Baseball Ranked #24 By D1 Baseball

Awesome! I sure hope everyone takes a long look at Iowa's resume beyond a simple RPI number. They have some very impressive series wins, keep it up Hawks!

Reactions: WestIAHawk
Awesome! I sure hope everyone takes a long look at Iowa's resume beyond a simple RPI number. They have some very impressive series wins, keep it up Hawks!

As much as I hate to say it, RPI is the gold standard with baseball right or wrong. There have been teams in the SEC with .500 records that have regional shots in the past based solely on RPI.

D1baseball.com always gives Heller a lot of credit for what he's done and continues to do at Iowa, so this is not surprising to me.

Reactions: WestIAHawk
The bad news is we seem to be in a position where we need to win all the games this week, which is just a tough proposition in baseball. Sparty's pitching had pretty much struggled all year, but now has a sub 2.00 ERA over their last 2 weekend series. Our bats have really not put together 3 good days in a row at any point this year.

They have nothing to play for other than ruining our season. Ok...so technically, I suppose they could run the table and beat Michigan (single make-up date), sweep Iowa and Illinois and finish .500 and slide into the BTT, but...come on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT