ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Baseball vs Cornell College

Mar 14, 2003
Iowa has their first midweek game and home opener on Tuesday vs Cornell College. Trenton Wallace will get the start for Iowa. My guess is we will see a lot of arms in the game on both sides.

The game is at 4pm, so if you can get out to Duane Banks I'd encourage you to go. It's really fun to go in person and support Iowa. It looks like tickets are $2 and hot dogs are also $2!

Great weather for a Tuesday in February. It is supposed to be 59 and sunny.

One problem with mid-week games is parking. The lots across from CHA are in use by permit holders, and it's been announced at the games that violators will be ticketed. There is a very small amount of metered parking in the vicinity of the stadium, but bring plenty of quarters. And now we have North End Zone construction to complicate things further. If anyone has come across a good mid-week parking solution, please sound off!

One problem with mid-week games is parking. The lots across from CHA are in use by permit holders, and it's been announced at the games that violators will be ticketed. There is a very small amount of metered parking in the vicinity of the stadium, but bring plenty of quarters. And now we have North End Zone construction to complicate things further. If anyone has come across a good mid-week parking solution, please sound off!

Last time this would have impacted me I left the car parked by Old Chicago and walked up to the field.

I will also add that it's ridiculous they would ticket if they knew there was a baseball game.

I have parked across the bridge on the other side of 2nd Street in the residential area for FB and BB. Just seems like that shouldn't be necessary for baseball. The indoor practice facility is now standing where I used to park .

I used to park in the segment of the lot where the practice facility is now. I always wanted to join the people who tailgated there one weekend. :)

Is the rest of the lot all the way back by Kinnick closed to parking for baseball too? Have they announced anything about that along with the Arena Lot?

Iowa wins 15-1 and takes care of business in what should always be just a tune up game. Iowa got up 7-0 in the 1st and never looked back. Wallace threw three shutout innings.

1,059 was the attendance which is not bad at all for a 4pm game on Tuesday. Pre-Heller and even his first year we might draw 150.

I used to park in the segment of the lot where the practice facility is now. I always wanted to join the people who tailgated there one weekend. :)

Is the rest of the lot all the way back by Kinnick closed to parking for baseball too? Have they announced anything about that along with the Arena Lot?

In the past, tailgaters were often parents have a few before the game. Like a football Saturday, I think they would welcome you!

Reactions: icardinal
In the past, tailgaters were often parents have a few before the game. Like a football Saturday, I think they would welcome you!

You would be welcome. I've been to games where there was a small crowd and some of the players parents are very welcoming. Curious as to why you are there or who you were watching. Maybe not so much anymore since support is up.

Reactions: icardinal

You would be welcome. I've been to games where there was a small crowd and some of the players parents are very welcoming. Curious as to why you are there or who you were watching. Maybe not so much anymore since support is up.

I had a minor position during the Dahm days. I sat through games where the only attendees were parents and girlfriends in the stands.

I believe the game was a late add to the schedule. Even with turf, baseball in February is very iffy in Iowa City.

Too late now. Oh well.

I had a minor position during the Dahm days. I sat through games where the only attendees were parents and girlfriends in the stands.

I remember those days. My first Iowa baseball game was during the Broggy era. Those moms and dads were FAITHFUL!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT