ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa BB-Pts next year?

Vbeachawk

HB Heisman
Oct 2, 2001
Myrtle Beach, SC
Fran/Iowa has had a problem this year of getting scoring from players not named White or Uthoff as evidenced again in the Penn State game. Next year the problem even gets worse, imo, as 15-20 pts per game leave with White's graduation which leaves Uthoff as the only consistent pt producer on the team. Over the last 7 games (Iowa won 6), returning players averaged the following pts and rebounds:

Woodbury..........6.....5
Gesell............5.....1.5
Clemmons..........6.....1.5
Jok...............4.....3
Uhl...............0.5...0.5

I felt going into this season that Jok was a big key, if Iowa was to be successful. I was a big PJ supporter and felt he would replace much of Marble's lost points which he hasn't. I have really been disappointed with his play especially on the offensive end of the court this year and no longer view him as a significant scorer for the Hawks in the future. Other than Uhl who hasn't played much, the other guys listed have also been non-existent scoring wise much of the time this year and especially during the Big 10 season. It is very clear that White and Uthoff carried this team during their season ending winning streak, which does not bode well for next season when White is gone nor the NCAA tournament unless somebody else not named White/Uthoff decides to show that they are major conference quality type players.

So, where are the points going to come from next season guys? I don't envy Fran, but he did recruit these guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.