ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa bridges rated worst in the nation.

May we never forget that great film "Bridges of Madison County"
This movie put Iowa on the map and taught us what fun you
can have after you arrive at the farmhouse after crossing a bridge.
Our sincere thanks to Clint Eastwood and Meryl Streep for showing
us romance and love are still alive in Iowa.

Reactions: win4jj
Iowa is a redneck state from what I read here. Controlled by rednecks and run by rednecks.

if the farmers don’t want their rural bridges fixed I say ok.

May we never forget that great film "Bridges of Madison County"
This movie put Iowa on the map and taught us what fun you
can have after you arrive at the farmhouse after crossing a bridge.
Our sincere thanks to Clint Eastwood and Meryl Streep for showing
us romance and love are still alive in Iowa.

Really, I mean really.....

How many tax dollars have flowed in by one of Clint Eastwood's worst movies?

I support taking care of those bridges, but it should come out of the County account.

"free money"? What makes it free?

Money intended for the purpose through the infrastructure legislation will be confiscated never reach its target. It's the Reptile's way. The state's infrastructure has been ignored for more than a decade and there is now appetite to spend money wisely.

Ignore problems and look the other way. Red = dumb.

Miller-Meeks is touting how the recently passed bipartisan infrastructure bill will be used to pay for much needed bridge repair in Iowa. Ironically, Miller-Meeks voted against this bill. Hypocrisy has no bounds with this woman! Vote her out on November 8th.

Reactions: win4jj and lucas80
This from an article last year when this same subject came up.

one Iowa DOT official said those rankings are a little misleading and that Iowa’s bridges are safe for the traveling public.

Black also notes it’s not uncommon for states with a lot of rural bridges — such as Iowa — to rank high on the list.

After all, more than 11,600 of the bridges in the state are rural, Black said. Of the structurally deficient bridges, 99.5 are not part of the National Highway System and only six are on the Interstate Highway System.

It is not a shock that iowa has the most deficient bridges instead of a well run Lib state like Illinois or California.

Miller-Meeks is touting how the recently passed bipartisan infrastructure bill will be used to pay for much needed bridge repair in Iowa. Ironically, Miller-Meeks voted against this bill. Hypocrisy has no bounds with this woman! Vote her out on November 8th.
Breadbags and News Barbie voted against it, too. They are all bragging about how much money Iowa is getting.

Have you ever stopped and inspected a bridge before driving over it?

Have you ever taken an alternate route out of bridge safety concerns?

Me neither.

The state had a $2 billion surplus last year. According the article I posted above, they could fix all the poor bridges for $53 million. Even if it's double that it's a fraction of the surplus.
That’s why I commented after you posted your data that it was a no brainer to use the surplus

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
ADVERTISEMENT