ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa City area source for limestone blocks

Old_wrestling_fan

HB Legend
Mar 2, 2009
Iowa City
I am wanting to acquire limestone, or other similar, suitable material, in roughly 2' x 2' x 4' blocks. I can be flexible on size, but something around those dimensions is preferred. I plan to use this material to place on the perimeter (waters edge) of a new pond that I am having built right now. Quantity = 20, or so. Depending on cost, I could flex up or down on the quantity.

But I want a "hard" edge to the water line on a section of the pond where I will locate a picnic table, fire pit, lawn chairs, etc. Having never sourced such material...where is the best place to go for such material near Iowa City? TIA.

You could call the quarry directly and ask what they've got. Then just have a trucking company bring it out.
https://riverproducts.com/products/
FYI...I just called River Products, right here in the IC area, and they do NOT have the type of product that I am looking for. They recommended Weber Stone, see above, in Anamosa...who I called about 15 minutes ago.

Weber definitely has the type of "cuts" that I am looking for and the pricing seemed good and they have delivery boom truck that can offload them once they are here.

The pricing seemed pretty good too...so I am pretty sure that I will be placing an order with them soon.

Thanks everyone!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT