ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa City - Lunch recommendations

St. Louis Hawk

HB Legend
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
I'm passing through Iowa City next week. Haven't been there, other than for a FB game, in quite a while. Any recommendations for good lunch spots - casual, place to meet a couple former roommates, good food, cold beer? Thanks!

Is that good? Open for a few months now.

Yeah, I've only eaten there once, but we thought it was very good. It's fun to sit at the bar and watch them prepare all of the dishes right in front of you.

Pulman's or outside seating at Atlas are the obvious choices. Jimmy Jack's be the Sycamore Mall? How about Hardee's on the Coralville strip?

Pulman's or outside seating at Atlas are the obvious choices. Jimmy Jack's be the Sycamore Mall? How about Hardee's on the Coralville strip?

Is this because you don't like Jimmy Jacks, or because you think it is Jimmy Johns?

Had a great burger and fries at the Airliner a couple of weeks ago, awesome talented waitresses, if you know what I mean Jimmy Jacks was better than expected

The Airliner isn't good anymore. Neither is Atlas. Micky's has great food, old-school vibe, and an improved beer selection. Upstairs at 126 serves lunch (or at least they used to.) Mondo's Saloon will give you what you're looking for too.

I'm unfamiliar with Pullmans, but have heard good things.

Could sit outside at Graze...
It's right in the heart of the ped mall and is pretty good.
Or Share, the restaurant in the hotel on the ped mall.

Try down loading the Little Village app on your phone or follow them on twitter. They have great info on Iowa City's Best of about anything. Also a great app on what is happening in Iowa City.
web site is littlevillagemag.com. You can thank me later.

We ate at Pullman a few weeks ago. Wife (no pic) and I both liked the food (and the waitresses were all good looking enough that my wife even commented on them).

The Airliner isn't good anymore. Neither is Atlas. Micky's has great food, old-school vibe, and an improved beer selection. Upstairs at 126 serves lunch (or at least they used to.) Mondo's Saloon will give you what you're looking for too.

I'm unfamiliar with Pullmans, but have heard good things.
I just ate at Atlas last week and it was outstanding. No clue what you're talking about.

Takanami, Atlas, Short's, Devotay, Pagliai's, Graze....plenty of good options, just depends on your mood.

We ate at Pullman a few weeks ago. Wife (no pic) and I both liked the food (and the waitresses were all good looking enough that my wife even commented on them).

The door has been opened. It's up to you to pass through it. :D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT