ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa City native, Ali Farokhmanesh, talks about "The Shot"

Lamoni

Team MVP
Dec 2, 2011
Everyone likes to hear stories about the Jayhawks getting beat, right?

I thought this podcast interview with Ali Farokhmanesh was worth sharing considering he is from Iowa City, he now coaches in the BIG, and he hit one of the greatest shots in recent March Madness memory. Along with talking about that 2010 NCAA tournament run he has some great insight into getting kids to care about winning and losing. At one point he says "losing should hurt," which is pretty awesome and he also gives some great insight into what made him into the player he was like shooting late into the night at the IC Fieldhouse when his parents were volleyball coaches at Iowa.

Link:
https://www.moonlightgrahamshow.com...rokhmanesh-the-scourge-of-kansas-jayhawk-fans

From the looks of the Nebraska program lately I bet he is probably looking for other opportunities.

I thought this podcast interview with Ali Farokhmanesh was worth sharing considering he is from Iowa City, he now coaches in the BIG, and he hit one of the greatest shots in recent March Madness memory. Along with talking about that 2010 NCAA tournament run he has some great insight into getting kids to care about winning and losing. At one point he says "losing should hurt," which is pretty awesome and he also gives some great insight into what made him into the player he was like shooting late into the night at the IC Fieldhouse when his parents were volleyball coaches at Iowa.

Link:
https://www.moonlightgrahamshow.com...rokhmanesh-the-scourge-of-kansas-jayhawk-fans
Yeah, pretty interesting, but one little quibble: I'd bet he was born before his mother took the

Link:
Good article, except one quibble for you, he is a native of Washington st., born when his mother was coaching Volleyball there. Fun thing in the Wiki bio on him, says his basket in the Kansas game lead people to say:"What the Farokmanesh." First time I've heard that one!

I never knew that about him. I think his parents are coaching over at UNLV now. I know some guys who played against him when he would come by the Fieldhouse in high school when they were in college and they still talk about the great stroke he had. He can't be more than 5'11

That was a great game & great shot. I was in Vegas for that weekend and picked 5 of 6 winners... UNI kept me from going 6 for 6. Worth it!

I was also at Allen Fieldhouse when Iowa broke their home winning streak of 80 some games. A come from behind victory back in the 90's. Iowa got hot from 3 after being down by 15 points came back to win it. Love that too...

Reactions: nelly02

Link:
One of the most entertaining games I ever watched. Especially the dagger 3 he made at the end of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT