Name: Oliver Martin
High School: Iowa City West
Position: Wide Receiver
Graduation Year: 2017
Height: 6-foot-1
Weight: 195 pounds
Video: Hudl

Q: How was the Iowa junior day?

MARTIN: The junior day was good. We got to talk with all the coaches and tour like we have done on all the other visits. I got to talk with Bobby Kennedy and Coach Reese Morgan. All together, I thought it was a pretty positive experience.

Q: What did the coaches say about you as a recruit?

MARTIN: They said that they liked my film a lot. Coach Reese Morgan said he liked my film and told me to be patient. They have only offered one 2017 skill player so far.

Q: What was your schedule during the day?

MARTIN: We got there and did pictures in our uniforms. After that we ate lunch and tour the facilities. We got to see the weight room. We listened to Coach Ferentz speak and then Coach Doyle talked to us about their development with the weight training program. We got to see their Physical Therapy room, the indoor turf facilities, and that stuff. We just got to see their new facilities.

Q: What would you consider the highlight of the trip?

MARTIN: At the end I really liked how they had a player panel where they had a few of the players sit in front of the parents and recruits. You could ask them questions about the University and the program. I liked how we got to hear from the players and what they thought about everything.

Q: How do you feel about Iowa?

MARTIN: I think Iowa is a really good program. Year after year, they are always good. They are starting to become a top 25 team consistently and the recruiting is getting better with their past few good seasons. Obviously they have really good coaches that develop players year after year. That would be really cool to be a part of if I had a chance to go there.

Q: What schools have offered you?

MARTIN: I have Eastern Michigan, Central Michigan, and Western Michigan for football. For baseball I still have the Iowa and Illinois offers.

Q: Do you have a sporting preference?

MARTIN: Probably football. I would still play baseball but football probably.

Q: Outside of Iowa, what other colleges are recruiting you that haven't offered?

MARTIN: Ball State, Miami of Ohio, Kansas State, Army, Brown, Princeton, Columbia, and BYU.

Q: Are you coming back to Iowa?

MARTIN: I was invited to come to their spring practices so my family will decide when to do come back and do that.

Q: What camps are you going to this summer?

MARTIN: I am pretty sure I'll go to Iowa State and Iowa. I might go to Kansas State or a Nike camp but other than that I am not sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.